National 12 - find out more...

N2743 Nanook

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 03 Feb 2007, 06:20

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N2743 Nanook.   Design: Paper Dart, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1972
Previous boat names: Mithrandir, Rashers, Pom, Needler.

marcus3292

looked at buying this 12 in nov 06 for spares, but found in an ok cond, could do with a new deck, located north kent
N3292

THG

THG

sinker24

Rescued this boat from the marsh at Seasalter SC, North Kent, in  summer 2005. Suspected to be an ex-Whitstable boat.  Renovated with problems over the winter and sailed fairly regularly, winner of the 2005 Seasalter SC Long Winter Series. Also used for many pub cruises. Sold to a chap from the Midlands in  November 2006. Needed the foredecks replacing at that point due to poor quality ply. Went with sadness and a sieve like early mylar mainsail (kindly donated by a 12 sailor in 2005), leaving me to sail Solos instead. The shame.
Ben
Seasalter Sailing Club, North Kent
A club looking for more 12 sailors. We are cheaper than Whitstable and more friendly!;)

JohnMurrell

The original name was Mithrandir and that she was owned by one K F Bloor!!  Kevan sold her to Cathy Foster who renamed her Rashers

I seem to remember that the boat re-surfaced at Staines when I was class rep there in the late 70's and sailed by Anabel Longmore, she lived in the house about three up from the club. I think Anabel would have changed the name to Pom about then. After that, sorry can't help.

samlaw

Bought in January. Now sailing (well floating from one side of the river to the other) at TVSC. New pic coming soon.
Needs a new name though, not allowed to call it Marvin. Favourites at the mo are Needler, Hull or 'ull. Opinions welcome.
N2743<br />

samlaw

Picture as promised.

The Name is now Needler.
N2743<br />

grazz

Photos of Mithrandir when new and now as "Nanook", Photos courtsey  Christopher and Jan King

n12 Bottom Banner