National 12 - find out more...

N3250 Killer Custard

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 14 Dec 2007, 09:59

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3250 Killer Custard.   Design: Crusader, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1981
Previous boat names: Elendil, Share Enjoyment.

Ken Goddard

From Ken Goddard
I bought this boat, then named "Elendil" in March 1991. She was very nicely built by Andrew Turner and in very good condition. To the best of my knowledge she had no earlier record of a win or placing at a major racing event. I did not care for the sails very much; they were too stiff for river sailing and the mainsail had an unattractive purple panel adjacent to the mast.
I renamed the boat "Share Enjoyment" partly because the boat was bought from the proceeds from the sale of inherited shares and partly because it is so much more pleasant to sail with a crew to talk to, than sailing a single hander.
I never really got the boat going very well and found her particularly disapointing in light winds. I sold her at a considerable loss in the autumn of 1993, to a young man in North Staffordshire, near Leek.

I have a note that she was in the market again in September 1999 from a Manchester-area phone number.

Ken Goddard

angus

Bought the hull from Brian herring for the princely sum of £30 after he took pitty on me looking at the state of Moonlight Shadow N3208. I spent the winter removing keels and giving her a new coat of paint and teeth. Her name then Shared Enjoyment did nothing for me or rohan and after much discussion and sole searching we decided to rename her killer custard (Inspired by the old joke "Whats yellow and extreamly dangerous") and gave her a colour scheme and teeth to match. Our only event so far was the scottish Championships, where we did surprisingly well for us with only the failure of a Knott tied by Bernard preventing us from being first Admiral cup boat, are well there is always next year.
I will add some photos when I work out how to do it.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

angus

angus

We are the little one

angus

Sold to Mark Baron at Loch Tummel SC

n12 Bottom Banner