National 12 - find out more...

National 12 85th Anniversary event

Started by grazz, 21 Mar 2021, 08:59

« previous - next »

grazz

It is with much excitement that the N12 Class are able to share details of the planned 85th Anniversary Event in 2021. On 11th and 12th September 2021, at Northampton Sailing Club, the National 12 class are holding a celebration weekend event for our 85th birthday and we are calling on all current, past and future N12 sailors, enthusiasts and supporters to enjoy a weekend of National 12s. We are planning for one day of fleet racing and then a 'Grand Pursuit Race' with the oldest N12s starting first. See the 85th Anniversary website for more details.

Please add your name to thread if you are planning to join us

Ian Norman

Looking forward to attending and bringing N3107 Zarniwoop (Tigress) to the event 😊👍
Zarniwoop - N3107

Neal

Indecision & Silverfin will be there
3271 & 3501

paul turner

Yo. I intend to be there with one of my fleet. If any competent sailor wants to borrow a boat then please let me know. Usual terms: you collect yot from, and return to, Breaston, trailer provided but bring your own straps and lighting board and "you bend, you mend"! Boats are N1650 Smuggler, N2020 Starfish, N2359 Shotgun, N2399 Mr Jones, N2403 China Doll (I may well sail her), N2492 Whisper, N2750 Cheshire Cat and N3157 Perfect Kiss. Cheers, Px  8)

Chris Troth

Chris

3513SL

Full details about our big birthday party are now online here:

https://www.national12.org/events/2021/85th-anniversary/index.html

If anyone has a spare crew, it would be useful to know as we have a few helms looking.

Please enter if you haven't already!
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

StuW

Who is planning on going. We will be there in N3546. Cant wait. Been too long since we have done a 12 event.

3513SL

Looking to be the best attended N12 event in recent years with a huge range of designs entered.

There is still time to enter if you haven't, and don't forget to order your N12 85th clothing too.

Email will be sent to all those who have entered with the gate code for NSC.
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

john348

I am aiming to be there to watch.  I used to sail National 12s at pitsford in the late 60s early 70s and I have just bought a boat N2895.  I will not be bringing the boat as I have only just put the mast up and put it on the water once single handed (I do not have a crew).  But I am interested to see the new designs bits for sale etc.   But is it possible for a spectator to just get in?

3513SL

Hi John,

No problem for you to spectate and enjoy the weekend at NSC. Gate is likely to be unlocked on the Saturday but if not there is a buzzer and someone will let you in!
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

john348

Great thanks I will see you there. 

SO not only have I now got a National 12 from the era I used to sail (just) I will be able to see the old club.  It is a shame that most of the people I used to sail with, at Pitsford, are no longer around. 

Of course I am in the market for buying stuff. 

Kevin Iles

N3373 will be there ...... and is for sale in the auction so you can take her home with you.

Antony3514

The Gifford family are coming down from sunny Scotland with N3529 and N3348.  Like Kevin (with 3373) we are hoping not to take 3348 home, and that she will go to place where she spends more time on the water and less in the shed.

Antony

Kevin Iles

Snagglepuss will also be there ......... but sailed by a couple of young superstars.

Kevin Iles

Just to say a BIG THANK YOU to George & Lucy Finch for all their hard work in making this weekend such a great event. It's the most fun I have had on the water for quite a while. Off the water, it was good to catch up with so many people, many of whom I haven't seen in years.

Thanks too to the Miatt brothers for their financial and other support for the event dedicated to the memory of their father, Brian.

And, of course to the great team at Northampton SC for putting it all on for us.

Kevin - N3373 (still for sale)

n12 Bottom Banner