National 12 - find out more...

N3274 Bella

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 12 Mar 2007, 05:43

« previous - next »

Paul2760

Looks lovely.
A couple of question if I may?
1) How (products and tips welcome) did you (or are planning to) seal under the gunwales/foredeck as my Cheshire Cat is suffering from discolouration from underneath
2)  was the transom always that shape?  As above my Chesire Cat has a full transom with transom flaps hich are always problematic...
Thanks
Paul

edwillett

Paul
Re the Transom. Yes it is that shape...however it has an aluminium bar that essentially is the transom top and transom flaps are mounted to that. Contact me by email and I will send you the details of how the wood is being finished.

edwillett

Five coats of white paint applied by spray gun to the hull, two coats of epoxy to the bare wood followed by four coats of two pack, also applied by spray gun and Mr Incredible now looks like this.....time for the refit now!

edwillett

edwillett

edwillett

RichardB2

Fantastic job Ed. Well done!
Tell me, did you do the spray work yourself? If so what paint/varnish thinners ratio did you work to? For the initial two coats of epoxy did you thin both coats?
Good luck wih the boat.

Richard 
N3126

edwillett

Richard, a friend did the spraywork. Paint, epoxy and varnish were all thinned accordingly by him to enable spraying but I dont know the ratios I'm afraid.

edwillett

So we have a new chapter in the life of N3274; re-launched May 9th 2015 for the second of the Spring series races at Cramond BC...sporting nearly new Alverbank sails, an Aardspars carbon boom and many new fittings throughout from Pinnell and Bax. Certainly ahead turner in the dinghy park and on the water.....and a delight to sail.

edwillett

monkeynuts

Very impressive! I need one of those booms I think.

edwillett

A rather nice photo taken of me sailing N3274 to victory in Cramond BC's first of its long distance Pursuit race series of the year on June 9th 2015; coming ashore just as the sun is setting...a fabulous evening.

edwillett

I sold N3274 to Matthew Freeman in 2020.
October 2022 and she is up for sale by Matthew on social media, still looking good. Located in Rugeley, the advert reads as follows :
Beautiful looking wooden National 12 Crusader 88, dry stored, stunning condition, 2 sets of sails, carbon boom, new rigging, Alu mast, combi trailer, under / over cover and loads of spares. Can deliver locally if required. Ideal boat for an adult and child. We are relocating so this is priced to sell!

n12 Bottom Banner