National 12 - find out more...

12Fest Ardleigh Sailing Club, Colchester on 6-7 July

Started by grazz, 24 Jun 2019, 07:45

« previous - next »

grazz

This year 12Fest is at Ardleigh Sailing Club, Colchester on 6-7 July. It is a relaxed weekend of coaching and racing designed to get everyone going that bit faster on the water, with an emphasis on having fun. You'll gain something from the weekend whether you are a N12 novice or championship racer.
12 fleet regulars Graham Camm, Zoe Ballantyne & John Meadowcroft will be running the coaching. Coaching will focus on tuning, boat handling, boat speed and starting tactics. There will be debriefs at the end of each day to look at the video footage and see how much you've improved.

Free camping is available on site and camper vans can park in the car park overnight.

Ardleigh's caterers are unfortunately on holiday over the weekend we're visiting so please bring your own food for lunch both days and for Sunday breakfast. Sailors are able to use the club kitchen facilities, hot drinks and light snacks (crisps, chocolate etc) are available, but camping stoves aren't allowed.  We'll be heading to the Wooden Fender pub, just down the road from the club, for Saturday dinner, let us know if you'd like to join so we can book tables.

Entry is just £25 per boat

Coaching starts at 11am on Saturday 6th July. Let us know if you are coming and what you'd like to cover here

Club details: Ardleigh Sailing Club, Clover Way, Ardleigh, Colchester, Essex CO7 7PT (see http://www.asc.memberlodge.com/About-ASC for directions)

3513SL

I believe the pub does breakfast on the Sunday for those unseasoned campers!
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

StuW

Campers are more than welcome to use traditional bbq type cooking facilities it is just the use of gas which is not allowed.
Hot water will be available in the clubhouse throughout the weekend including Friday night if people let me know in advance.
Dropping off boats and camping Friday is fine as long as I know so I can make sure I am there or can give you the code for the gate. Plenty of room on the lawn in front of the clubhouse.
Stuart
N3546

n12 Bottom Banner