National 12 - find out more...

Gul series #1 @ Burghfield 16th March

Started by grazz, 10 Mar 2019, 06:47

« previous - next »

grazz

The 2019 National 12 Gul Series kicks off on Saturday the 16th March at Burghfield Sailing Club, near Reading. The event is a sprint series with eight short races which are fast, frantic and fun. In addition to the sprint racing we have a tuning clinic, crews race and lots of cake (for after racing). Also handicaps will be applied allowing older designs to show what they can do.
9:45am   Tuning Clinic
10:15am Briefing
11:00am First race
After lunch crews race
After racing - tea and cake

Last year we had 16 boats, come and join the fun and make it over 20 this year. Pre entry discount ends on 13 March so get your entries in early here
See the Burghfield Website for directions
If you need a crew, want a helm or boat post on the National 12 Forum

bettyshole

the weather is looking cheeky on windguru! 22kts gusting 37kts!

grazz

It's still looking gusty tomorrow, but the baseline wind is about 20kts so Burghfield are still happy to run the open meeting. There may be a change of racing format, which will be decided tomorrow morning depending on conditions. And even if it is blowing grannies out of trees, we've got some back-up plans so do come along anyway for a chat, some tuning and rules tips, a surprise building challenge and importantly, CAKE!   

angus

Sadly I won't be there. So with the best will in the world I hope you spend the day stuffing your self full of cake and pizza and I'll see you all at Salcom? ??? ??
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Neal

3271 & 3501

Neal

Not bad for an old girl...

3271 & 3501

n12 Bottom Banner