National 12 - find out more...

Just bought 12! General Help with setup and rigging would be much appreciated!!

Started by xchurchN12, 26 Mar 2018, 04:02

« previous - next »

xchurchN12

Hi All, I've just bought a N12 its Gravalax 3392 so it has an odd history! the hull looks great as it foam sandwich it seems to be a one off and in very good condition. however the deck is a bit odd as it has been converted at some stage to a double skin self draining. The work looks ok its all in foam sandwich with just a ply decorative top thin layer. However this really limits me on where to attached things! as the deck does not look very strong.

I'd really appreciate some help and maybe some pics of other boats with the following issues.

Main sheet set up - be great to get a simple pic of the standard method of rigging the main bridle on the rear?

Foot straps as the deck isn't strong any idea on the best way to attached the foot straps? a pic of another deck converted boat would be really useful.

Stays - i cant quite figure out how the stays attach?

do i need a mast ram or anything like that?
my mast hole is a bit shot so will need to rebuild it.

How to run control lines in a boat with no thwart, they come from the mast base and straight into a cam cleat on the side, just seems a bit odd as it is?

Thanks in advance, if anyone is in Dorset and doesn't mind me having  nose over there boat that would be very handy!

Also if anyone has any parts for sale id be keen to know more, i'm only looking to club sail with it, and have some fun so lower spec stuff is fine. although carbon is nice!

J carey

Where abouts in dorset are you. I have our feeling foolish on the drive and live 5m south of taunton if that is any help

angus

I have been retro fitting a Pipedream with a ply double floor. Not sure if I can help but I can at least tell you some of the mistakes I have made if you are interested. If you are a member of the association you will find my number in the book under angus beyts. if not you can email me on angus number three at Tesco dot net.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

xchurchN12

Thanks for the replies

J Carey ...thanks im over Bournemouth direction so a bt of a trek for me ..thanks for the kind offer though.

Angus..thanks ill send you an email about some pics if possible ...thanks.

grazz

Gareth

There are lots of potential options. Can you try posting some photos of your layout and double floor we can then gicve you some more informed advice and we may find someone who has a similar floor layout who can post pictures of their set up

BTW, I'm planning on organising a coaching session at Burghfield SC (near Reading) in May, that could be a good opportunity to bring you boat along and get some rigging advice plus some tips on sailing

Happy rigging

Graham

xchurchN12

xchurchN12

A few pics below, it's a bit of a dog, my plan this year is to just get it working and on the water,  next year I think I need to rip the internal wooden deck and replace with a better material. The structure under the deck is glass foam sandwich.

n12 Bottom Banner