National 12 - find out more...

Ian Gore, can some one put me in touch...

Started by ifoxwell, 14 Dec 2017, 02:51

« previous - next »

ifoxwell

Hi All
Hannah and I have just bought Ian's old boat 3441 and Id like to find out more about the boat and his achievements in her.
Can some one put us in touch
Thanks
Ian

johnk

National 12 Year book 2017 page 13. If you do not have a copy put an e-mail address or phone number on this page and I will reply. I do not have Ian's permission to publish thedetails directly.

ifoxwell

Hi
Thanks, completely understand I'll send you a message with my contact details
Ian

johnk

JohnMurrell

Ian,

The boat was moulded out of the 'alternative' mould which was used initially by MD/Stig McDonald; Full Force and Aardvark as well as Nigel Waller. I believe that there was an agreement with Ian Gore to allow him to use the mould, I remember it going from Plymouth to the east coast before coming back to me. Some very pretty boats came out of it!

Bim had the original Foolish's bottom well polished then 2 moulds were done at the same time, one for P&B the other for Derek Davies (the Mad Dog in MD!)

ifoxwell

Thanks John
I'm keen to find out as much as I can about her history at to me its one of the things that is great about the 12. Every boat is unique and as such has a unique story to tell.
I think more people should actively fill in as much as they can on the boat database as its a real asset to the class.

n12 Bottom Banner