National 12 - find out more...

N3324 NAT12 3324

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 27 Oct 2007, 06:02

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3324 NAT12 3324.   Design: Crusader 88, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1988

Pip Hudson (Guest)

This was my third N12 the result of Gerry Ledger telling me that he had a building slot available just in time for the 1989 championships at Harwich. Gerry supplied the bare hull which I then finished together with my own centreboard and rudder. An extra was a layer of glass on the outside of the hull which made the hull very stiff and also resistant to dents. We had barely sailed the boat before Harwich and went on to finish about 15th overall getting a 3rd or 4th in one race. That Autumn we won the Yachting World team trophy as part of the strong Up River team. Quite an easy boat to sail as it is relatively vice free. I went several years sailing with my daughters without capsizing. Hardly sailed of late and still sitting in my garage looking pretty much as good as the day it was first on the water. Maybe this year!
The pictures shows Pip Hudson and Alex Harris (now Gore) sailing at Burton Week Exmouth 1992. 

n12 Bottom Banner