National 12 - find out more...

oltonmere open

Started by bob the bosun, 16 Oct 2016, 04:12

« previous - next »

bob the bosun

hi can anyone tell me if this open is still on as there is no notice of race or race times posted anywhere that i can find. if it is count beggars maid in with supercrew jonathan garfit, weather dependant

Chris Troth

Hi All,

Forgive my lack of organisation! The open meeting at the mere will go ahead on Saturday 22nd October. 3 races (2 to count). First gun at 11am with briefing just before. Cheap cheap entry fee of 5 pounds.

The galley won't be open, but there is a garage over the road from the club if anyone needs to grab lunch. The bar will be open after.

Let me know if you plan to attend.

Cheers
Chris
Chris

paul turner

Yo Chris. Kay and I intend being there in Cheshire Cat. Cheers Paul N2750

GC

I will be there in 3411 with Tanya as crew and Frances/Anthony in support.
Gerald

smilie

Yehay look forward to racing against you GC  :) 
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

paul turner

but not against me, apparently?  :-[ Px

bob the bosun

we will race against anybody but we don't gauarantee to beat them. i promise i will keep jonathan stuffed up the front end where he can do least damage
bob

smilie

At least I will safe from trees there  ;)

I'm always happy to be racing against you and Cheshire Cat PT.

Is there there anyone thinking of coming along?

martin 1262

Hi if you can source a crew I might be able to make it!! It will be in my china doll though so they will have to accept being [size=78%]lapped round the course!!![/size]

Need to know Friday afternoon.  Thanks. Number in book

Martin Clarke 2708

Chris Troth

Hi Martin,

I've found a crew for you. Not got the book with me so hope you pick this up...
Let me know.

Chris
Chris

martin 1262

Thanks Chris.  Yes will be there.

martin 1262

Hi all thanks t everyone who raced and the club for laying on a great days sailing. Another warm welcome from the club and 3 well run races.  The racing had everything including a dead heat in race 3.  Wow!!   Thanks Chris for lending me a crew she did great!!

paul turner

Some very close racing! And a big "thank you" to the Biltons - Gill for feeding us and Paul for doing race officer. Never ever seen, or heard of, or been in a dead heat before in all the 300 years like wot I hav bin yotting! Paul  8)

smilie

I'm with Paul and Martin with saying a big thank you all a Olton Mere for running such a great event. It was a shame we couldn't hang around for the prize giving but as they say Saturday night "is (ice) hockey night!"

See you all in the new year if not before for some more river and lake yotting.

n12 Bottom Banner