National 12 - find out more...

Sunderland 9/10 July

Started by JayHaich, 22 Jun 2016, 09:20

« previous - next »

JayHaich

Who's up for Sunderland?  Its been a long time, but I remember great sailing well worth the trip.  3519 Dead Cat will be there, we need practice.

Will Mitchell

Hi Jay, nice to hear that your planning on attending. If there's anything that you need between now and then then please get in touch and we'll try and get it sorted. The club will be open on the Friday night for anyone that is planning on arriving then.

Carbonara

Hi Will
Please could you let us know the planned start time on Saturday?
Cheers
Patrick

Will Mitchell

Hi patrick. The NOR will be published on Friday 1st July. But to let you know, the first warning signal will be at 11.55 on Saturday 9th with 3 races scheduled on both days. Looking forward to seeing you soon

Mark.S

Hi Will
Any more details on the weekend yet?  Has the NOR been posted anywhere and are there any plans for the Saturday night?

Thanks
Mark

Philip David

I'll be there with N3499....
I assume there's going to be somewhere to camp on Saturday night?

Crusader 3244

is there an open option to camp over on Friday night too?
Chris, 3244

angus

Hi guys think I will be struggling to make this one fly into Glasgow midnight on Friday. what with jet lag etc. think I better give it a miss.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Baloo

Christopher and I will be coming along with N3330 assume there will be some grass to pitch a tent on. If anyone has a set of sails they want to sell then please bring them along as I am still looking for some to replace the stretched Alvebanks.

Will Mitchell

Hi guys I'm really sorry for the delay with info. It seems that I have made an error in my attempt to email the NOR but I hope to have this resolved by the end of the day. Hers a quick answer to your questions.
1 yes you can camp on Friday night as well as Saturday.
2 we can do anything we want on Saturday night as there are no shortage of places to eat and drink just a short walk from the club on the promenade.
3 signing on will be between 9-11 on Saturday with 3 races scheduled on both days.
4 the forecast is looking great
If anyone needs anything or has any questions feel free to email me directly on williamitchell@hotmail.co.uk or call or text me on 07855741480
Hope to see lots of you on Saturday.
Will :)

Sunderland Yacht Club

Hi all you National 12 competitors,
I'd just like to tell you of our facilities at the club and to inform you that we can provide you with anything you may need for the weekend. We have space for camping and the Galley will be open from 8.00am on Saturday morning providing breakfasts right through until 6pm each day. If you have any special dietary needs i.e, vegan, vegetarian, wheat free etc please contact Gail on 07521755480. The bar will be open all afternoon and in the evening until  9pm, if there is anything else required I.e maybe something to do on the Saturday evening,  just let us know and we will do our best to facilitate it..
Kind regards,
Sunderland Yacht Club

JayHaich

Angus, Shame you can't make it, we planned the long drive specially to race you! Jeremy.

angus

yes, sorry, but my vintage boat is not fixed yet so you would maybe not got the competion you expected!
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Baloo

Great event, thanks to all who helped on and off the water. Challenging winds for the young crews so it was a nice touch to give them a special mention at the prize giving. Once Christopher stops buzzing I think he may be asleep for a while. Hope to come back again next year. Cheers Tim.

n12 Bottom Banner