National 12 - find out more...

lost boats

Started by bob the bosun, 04 Jun 2016, 09:39

« previous - next »

bob the bosun

hi there does anybody know the whereabouts of 2600 a waterloo sunset design by mervyn cook in 1972.i had a few moths designed by him over the years and would like to locate/ aquire said n12 or another of the same design if they exist
bosun bob milton keynes

edwillett

Bob
I think only two Waterloo Sunset's were built, N2600 and N2776 and 2776 went to boat heaven in the 1980's. N2775 is also a Mervyn Cook design called Electroglide...so there are possibly two surviving Mervyn Cook boats out there....be interesting to track them down/find out what happened to them.
Ed

NTOACertification

Bob

Both 2600 and 2775 have not been registered with us since the mid late 1970's. The only info I have is from the RYA certification records.
N2775 was at Derwent Reservoir SC, owned J.R.Raine at Shotley Bridge. Co Durham.
N2600 was in Wollaton Nottingham owned by Mr E.N. Duncton.  Nor sure I ever saw her around at that period Michael Brookman may be able to help on that.

Mervyn Cook sent me a reduced copy of the lines for Electroglide as I was due to make the sails for her.

Kevan N12 Certification

n12 Bottom Banner