National 12 - find out more...

12th JUNE Milton Keynes SC 12 Opem

Started by smilie, 23 May 2016, 07:34

« previous - next »

smilie

Hello all

This is as formal notice of race as you are going to get for the Milton Keynes SC 12 open. First off please note the date change from the 11th to the 12th JUNE. There was a date class at the club and we had to move the date. I hope this hasn't caused any problems for anyone one was planning to come.

The plan is bacon butties for rigging, first race 11 o'clock followed by a spot of lunch. Then joining in with the club pursuit race with separate starts for different eras of 12 and finally rounding the day off with 'normal' race.

As per last year we will be sharing the lake with the club racing but we will have our own start.

So who's coming along to enjoy some sailing in the countries youngest city?
The futures bright the future is rivers and lakes

smilie

With two weeks to go MK 12 fleet have been busy preparing. Bob's has nearly finished tweaking Beggar's Maid. It must be something in the air with Team Redbull just up the road because one of us always seems to be tuning something. I have been on the water twice now and the leg seems to ok with the sailing thing despite my fitness being rubbish now.

I doubt they will mind saying, there are rumors both Paul Turner and Ben Brown are planning on coming along.

So who else is thinking of coming along? It's the perfect venue to sail with the kids or if you are thinking trying a 12 open this is a good one to start with since the racing is going kept fun and relaxed.

Ps. Bump ;)

smilie

Back again.

The news about 12 open in the land of round abouts, motor racing teams and concrete cows ( I wondering if the last 2 could be combined to improve F1)

Is the windgurn says there's going to plenty of wind and a bit of sunshine. Sounds like Caldecotte lake my look like MK Del Garda (well maybe)

There's couple of visitors planning on coming meaning there should be about 5 12s on the water with a bit of luck.

If you are tempted but not sure how to find Milton Keynes Sail Club here a link to their website with all the info. http://www.mksc.org.uk/map.html

See you Sunday
Smilie

bob the bosun

hi all have been doing some arm twisting at the club and lined up arnge of juniors that will be available on sunday for crew duties so even if you are crewless please turn up and partake of our great lake
bob the bosun

3513SL

Hope all goes well tomorrow, was hoping to come but we've been super busy this week and can't fit it in!
N12 - 3198, 3513, 3551

paul turner

Many thanks to Bosun Bob and JG for organising a spendid day's yotting at MKSC. It was right wet and miserable to start with with but the weather gradually improved to sunshine by tea time and we had a fair, if fluky, breeze. Very relaxed off the water and quite competitive on. Hopefully a report will appear soon. Midland Area/HD Sails 4P series next stop is Ely on Saturday 2nd July. Px  8)

Porky

A few pics from the N12 at MKSC mostly of Porky, I've got a video too of the start I'll try and put up. Was a good day, thanks for organising it could we have some better weather next year!

paul turner

Yo JG & Bosun Bob. Are we getting a report? Px  8)

smilie

Yup I'm currently writing some waffle at the mo and I need to tap Gerald for some photos as well.

Thanks for to you and Gerald for making it along despite the dodgy weather.

n12 Bottom Banner