National 12 - find out more...

Vintage Champs 25/6 June

Started by paul turner, 12 May 2016, 08:16

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings.

You will all have (hopefully) seen the poster on the website for the Vintage Champs & 12 Fest to be held at Burton Sailing Club at the end of June; it would be very helpful with the organisation of catering, prizes etc if you would post here ASAP your intention to join us at Foremark.

Various clinker N12s from the Turner Collection will be available to lend to competent helms; please contact me direct - several have already been enquired about but Smuggler, Starfish and Shotgun are still free.

Paul N1650/2020/2359/2399/2403/2487/2524/2492.

NTOACertification

To those of you who have not tasted the delights of the Vintage Championships at Burton SC ( and for those who have a reminder!), find below  a link
to the FLIKR pictures from last years event: enjoy!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskfPRFQ8

Kevan Bloor

alann

Hi
Iam hoping to come
Alan

martin 1262

Fully intend to be there in newly restored China Girl 2708.  Think I have crew sorted

Martin

darebarry

Will not be able to defend our trophy this year. As it is rather a large pot to put in the post, should anybody be passing this way who could transport it north please give me a call. Thanks Dare Barry. 01983 529901

davidpeacock

After a slow start to the sailing season I,ll be there with my Fair Lady N2620  ;D

paul turner

Three weeks to go and only four "probables" (plus hopefully Mr Pelling in Cheshire Cat and I am awaiting a call from Mr Sears!).

Please let me (or Kevan) know soonest if you is, or if you ain't, coming so we can plan and organise.

And if you haven't got a clinker yot and would like to sail (and you are a competent helm!) there are several of the Turner Collection waiting to sailed.

Px  8)

alan mason

Hi Paul,

I'm hoping to attend in 1607 Dilly Dally my Mk4a. Been a while since I have been out, so I will be a bit rusty, but looking forward to it never the less.
Regards
Alan Mason

paul turner

Good to hear from you Alan.
And John Sears has just confirmed; he's sailing China Doll as N1903 isn't ready, yet!
Px

Chadders

Hi Paul apologies from me sadly but hope you all have a great time as this is a really good event which and we are sorry to miss it.  Howard C N2266

paul turner

Still a bit quiet on the entry front! Logistical problems for Paul Pelling means that Mr Jones is now availalble for loan and last Sunday, with a new crew, I beat the TVSC Sunday racers in N2359 Shotgun - on the water not just on handicap - so that yot is primed and ready tosail too! Px  ;D

angus

Unfortunately once again I will not be able to make this prestigious event. I will be in Canada and although distance does not normaly bother me when traveling to an event, sadly after doing the maths I have realised that it is just not gpoing to be possible even if I went fast enough round the world in the right direction I could get back before i started!
Have a good weekend.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

JohnMurrell

Paul,

Unfortunately Dinsdale will be remaining in the garage, family commitments mean that I too will be in Canada (not with Angus that I am aware of though!)

Third year in a row that this has happened - note to self for next year, don't go away in June!!!!!

robbo

Hi - Robbo here. having just bought boat number 2938 (Magnificat/Proctorpuss) I might have just made it to Burton but as it's motor racing at Snetterton that weekend plus I've now got the deck varnish stripped back it's not going to happen- Also I've bumped a real dilema ( and I thought maybee this forum just might point me right as it's all old boast stuff -yes?) The two mains (Ulmans) I got with it don't anyway fit the mast ( Holt Allen delta). the tack is a good 350mm above the gooseneck. I'm not sure about one main but the other is definitely from a newer boat but they lay on top of each other evenly. BEFORE I get the scissors or the hacksaw out and do things the 'wrong way' - can anyone give me a guide to the current thinking on the distance between the mast bands. My mast boom/head bands are 5600-  Cheers  ( Trent valley in Sept looks good and it's just up the road !)  Incidentally I'm planning on sailing this Cheshire cat on the river at Severn SC where incidentally another nicely restored 12 (Chain lightning) is a regular top handicap boat.  cheers

robbo

Sorry that should have said BOAT not boast

n12 Bottom Banner