National 12 - find out more...

Gill Series event at Derwent Reservoir this weeken

Started by kevin (Guest), 09 May 2005, 10:17

« previous - next »

kevin (Guest)

The third event in this year's Gill Series takes place this coming weekend at Derwent Reservoir S.C.

The club grounds will be open from about 4.00 pm on Friday and anyone who wishes to may camp there on Friday night. However, the clubhouse and facilities are unlikely to be open until Saturday. Camping is FREE this year.

First start Saturday is 3.00 pm with Sunday scheduled for 10.30 am. 2 races Saturday, 3 races Sunday. Food will be available Saturday lunchtime and evening and on Sunday for breakfast and lunch.

It would be helpful if anyone intending to be there would let me know either by posting a reply to this thread, or by contacting me at the number on the fixture list.

Finally, are there any spare crews out there?

Kevin Iles

Mikey C

Me and Emma will be there - nice civilised start time...

Ace

Mike

Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Ken (Guest)

I might pop by to say hello...
And poke shiny carbon things...
Shiny...
Carbon...
Shiny Shiny... 8)

Roly Mo

Roly Mo (and Bernard too!) will be there.  New (ex Cherub sailor) crew up front so I forecast swimming . . . .

Have a fun weekend,

Jennie

Mikey C

Looks like it might be lonely up north?!

Does anyone know of any measurers in attendance? Shiny new sails to sort...

Sunshine and a F3/4 due... all they need now is cake!

Cheers

Mike C
N3489 Radical Edward

Kevin

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply either here or direct to myself, more advices are still welcome. It looks like there will be a reasonnable or better turnout this weekend so long as the crew shortage does not get any worse. IF THERE ARE ANY CREWS OUT THERE LOOKING FOR A SAIL, DON'T BE SHY, GIVE THE GILL SERIES A TRY. Either put a post on here or contact me on kiles1uk @ yahoo. co. uk (without the gaps).

As Mike says, the forcast is good for up north, unlike the south, and I am sure there will be cake available at some point during the weekend.

See you all Saturday
Kevin Iles

Philip (Guest)

Hi Mike,

I'll be there and I can bring my sail measuring kit!

Philip
N3217

MarkSimpson

Phil
Any chance you could measure my new set as well?

Thanks
Mark

Mikey C

Looks like Phil will be drinking for free on saturday night!

Thanks Phil

Mike

Spellowranger

We'll be there for Sunday.  Not had time to collect new sail yet, so we won't have to join the queue!

Peter C
N3239

John C (Guest)

Ali and I will be there.
Just need her new sail measuring too, thought I'd better join the queue.

John

grazz

Babel Fish will be up there representing the South. Derwent has been fantastic the last two years so really looking forwards to it - might make a subtle change to sailing on the river last weekend

Graham & Zoe

n12 Bottom Banner