National 12 - find out more...

Trailer/trolley

Started by James McC (Guest), 21 Apr 2005, 11:58

« previous - next »

James McC (Guest)

What are peoples thoughts on trailers/trolleys - looking for recommendations.

If anyone has a second hand combi they want to sell contact me!

Cheers,

James

Mike Storey

I got mine from Sovereign/Welsh Harp Boat Centre in Hendon near the start of the M1. 0208-202-8677 www.welshharp.co.uk

Nice chap, good service, good combis.

Mike
N3274

Mikey C

Seconding Welsh Harp, it is much nicer to handle weight wise than anything else I have seen/used. - And I got mine powder coated in black! looks the business...

Cheers

Mike C
N3489 Radical Ed
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Antony (Guest)

I am a WH man too, mine is purple.  Easy to find in the dinghy park.  

Most of the fleet use what was West Mersea (also available from Pinnell & Bax) but the company has recently been bought so not sure if it changed its name.

Having said that it is worth having a look for a second-hand one if you are trying to save cash, it is even worth asking Rob at WHBC if he has anything as he occassionally has old ones lying around.  They are very hard to find as most just sell with boats. The most important thing is not to use it until you have a cradle on the trolley that fits your boat well.  If you buy an old one check the bearings and re-grease.... the cost of calling the AA to rescue one with a seized bearing......

Good luck,
Antony

MikeDay

And another vote from me for Sovereign trailers from Welsh Harp - they last for ages and Rob will make spare parts if anything goes wrong.  Agree with Antony about having a cradle that fits your boat and suggest also that if you're planning to do a lot of miles, get the fatter wheels.

Mike D
N3496 (not too far from being ready now, and Sovereign combi trailer ready to go ...)

James Nicholson (Guest)

I've got a good condition combi for sale, 300 pounds and comes with free Pipedream!

James McC

Where are you, do you have photos you can e-mail me?
N2699 - Two Crewed

James McC

oooh... Kilmarnock.  Bit too much of a trek from Brighton!

If anyone more local has a secondhand trailer for sale (or a cheapo boat with trailer) please let me know.

Cheers,

James
N2699
N2699 - Two Crewed

james nicholson (Guest)

but no too far from Annandale...

John Murrell (Guest)

I go for Welsh Harp too - can't remember how many I have had now, but every one has performed well. The first I bought turned up under the Laser I bought it for at Saltash last summer and for a combi of 18 years old was in very good condition ( and it has done some serious milage!)

also agree with Mike about the black powercoating - looks awsome, the Merlin's came that way!

John

n12 Bottom Banner