National 12 - find out more...

Thorpe Bay Open Meeting

Started by Kevin, 27 May 2005, 01:56

« previous - next »

Kevin

The open meeting at Thorpe Bay is scheduled this year for 4th and 5th June. Briefing on Saturday will be at 10.00 followed by 2 races with the first start at 11.00. First start on Sunday will be 10.30 followed by 3 races. The sun will shine and we will have a steady SW force 3-4 all weekend for some great sea sailing.

Entertainment on Saturday evening is a party in the clubhouse with the theme of "Shipwrecked". Fancy dress is optional. As usual there is plenty of floor space at the Iles house and a blind eye wil be turned to the odd tent at the side of the club. The chef has been told that breakfasts will be needed.

It would be helpful if those of you planning to attend would either post a message here, email me at kiles1uk@yahoo.co.uk, or call me at the number in the book or on the fixture list.

Kevin Iles

Antony (Guest)

Kevin,
See you there, but sadly we will only make it for Sunday due to family stuff.  Looking forward to sailing on that grey bit of sea that you call the Thames Estuary again after so long.

Antony
N3484

Tim L (Guest)

Will be there and sailing, knee permitting...

Cheers

Tim
N3497

Kevin

Thanks to everyone who has contacted me to say they are coming along this weekend, it looks like it could be a bumper turnout. For those of you who are still unsure, the BBC Weather web-site this morning is suggesting sun with winds of 17 mph on Saturday and 11 mph on Sunday. What more could you want?

Kevin

Antony (Guest)

Kevin,
Lovely day of sailing, though without that sun you promised, thanks to you and Lesley for the organisational effort.  We should go there more often, in greater numbers.  Gill Series 2006?  Local 12 sailors, open water, warm welcome...........

Antony

n12 Bottom Banner