National 12 - find out more...

N2760 Grimalkin

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 27 Mar 2007, 11:12

« previous - next »

jeremyf

Wa Hey !!!

First coat of epoxy on - what a difference !
Question is now is Does she need two coats ??   will that add strength and durability or just weight ??

jeremyf

First picture of Grimalkins new top clothes !
Reasonably happy so far.

tonyelgar

good effort jeremy, she looks stunning
ex 2760/3255

jeremyf

Thanks Tony!
Here she is from behind - mangey transom now all but invisible.
Thanks to another car breakdown yesterday the hull was sanded back to primer and now has two base coats ( epoxy will be next winter) . Ready for a top coat tonight ( god willing)
Centerboard stripped back bare - so disapointed. It is a beautiful piece of straight grained mahogany - but with a great chunk taken out of the back which has been filled with isopon so clear epoxy was not an option.
Epoxied, undercoated and ready for a top coat tonight as well.

jeremyf

Hull rubbed down to the original base coats and a bit of 'Toplac' splashed on over a suitable intercoat. ( epoxy treatment in the winter).
Decided on Grey to match the name - as someone pointed out to me it is 'grey old cat' in old English.Also the hull matches my hair !
Quite happy with the result so far.   She is now sanded up top to take the final varnish coats . I am pleased to have been able to get the stem post back to decent timber so it will be 'varnished' not in hull colour.

jeremyf

And a closing item I suppose - Grimalkin with her name emblazoned. Just about to blast around a cold wet and horrible Bala Lake

n12 Bottom Banner