National 12 - find out more...

New and modern 2nd hand boats

Started by Antony (Guest), 19 Oct 2005, 12:39

« previous - next »

Antony (Guest)

I think that the message from Tom that is buried deep in another thread deserved highlighting and so I have pasted it below:

However the good news is that if you want an off the shelf measured, tuned, pick up and play boat then they are available from P&B. We have one boat on order and ther is room to build more for an early 2006 delivery.  If off the shelf boats are the  answer for trhe class then P&B  and previously Storrar and Bax have now produced two if ythe class wants them come and buy them. They have won 5 out of the last seven champs. They are available in a club spec (he means there is a cheaper option).

This is important because to my knowledge the following DB boats have sold recently:  Tom's own boat, Mike Cookes boat and both that Geoff and Amelia had on the market.  This leaves relatively few for sale, 3445 and a couple of others.  

If anybody wants a brand new boat for next season to enjoy all the fun then they need to order it now... whoever is building it.  You cannot expect any of our professional builders to deliver a 12 to a 6-8 wk delivery in March or April as they do not just pop out of a factory like an RS.   It is important to the class to get new boats on the water, unsurprisingly new boats get sailed a lot, and it is fun for the owners to buy them and frustrating if they try and find it difficult or impossible.

My views, and not an endorsement of any particular product.  I am a happy customer or both P&B and Mr Waller... and often get beaten by boats from Mike.
A

RogerBrisley

Anthony,

Sorry but I 've missed the point in your posting  - I can't see what your driving at!

Roger

Antony (Guest)

Simplly to highlight that people who want a new or newer boat should do something about it now.  In the last 2 or 3 years more boats would have been built if people had been more organised about ordering them early.

A

n12 Bottom Banner