National 12 - find out more...

70th Annivesary - boats needed?

Started by grazz, 13 Sep 2005, 06:12

« previous - next »

grazz

THG

Graham,

I'm likely to be at the Dinghy show in March - the owner of 'Mr Jones' is at our Club - I could ask him if he would let us borrow the boat for that (and maybe the other events too - it doesn't get sailed these days).

Already planned a holiday at the May half term - I don't think a swap to Northampton would be on cards - so my boat would be available if anyone wants it.

The 70th web site is protected - if you want this to be open to any N12 owner past / present making this password protected doesn't make sense - what are you hiding???

As an idea for the 70th could all boats somehow be photo'd and put into a database (allow searches etc) with a short history - previous owners, Clubs and notable successes.  I recall many years ago Tim and Peter Robinson sailed a Green GRP N12 (Paper Dart maybe??) at Ripon sailing Club - can't recall number or anything but now its more relevant.  Also recall sailing my Laser against a very nice cold moulded wood boat when at Leeds Sailing Club (had something to do with my decision to get a 12).

I spotted another N12 - N3290 (Dr De Soto according to handbook) in our Club dinghy park (South Cerney) - so if they sail it will be a 100% increase in our active fleet!  Haven't been able to contact new owner yet but working on it.

Good luck with the organisation - our Club had its 50th this year and we have an offical opening of new Club (29th October) by Joe Glanfield.  So if anyone out there had connections / sailed at South Cerney please get in touch.

Kean
N3364

THG

Jane W (Guest)

Well I have convinced my dear husband to helm for me at Burton Week next year but we are lacking the crucial element - the boat.  He is a bit on the fussy side and will only come if he is sailing a very flashy boat so if anyone owns a relatively new double bottomed boat but doesn't want to come to Burton Week and would like a new jib then please let me know!

Jane Wade   :P

Dave Croft

I hear that there is a Tideway race planned next year. Is there likeley to be a N12 start? My old 12 is 30 years old next year, I need an excuse to blow the dust off her! Regards, Dave C.
PS If Fran Gifford reads this ... I saw your old Cadet at Frencham Ponds last week-end!

chris berkley (Guest)

Amante - N1002 - missed her 50th Birthday Dip in 2002.  I need a volunteer plumber/painter/brickie/gardener to take over my role at our barn conversion so that I can concentrate on the important things in life - viz. reconstructing boats.  Any takers!!!

Otherwise, all going well, hope to be in Cornwall in August.

chris

Fran G (Guest)

Dave - very impressed that you recognised my old cadet?

Presume 8431 (PDQ) rather than 7495 (Saltaire)

Fran

tom gruitt (Guest)

Hi there,

Looking for a boat for the Nationals, preferably a double bottomed fairly fast one but if not then just something that goes forwards! I know its fairly early days but if anyone hears about one that's willing to be lent to two carefull teenagers that have good sailing ability then drop me an email.

Thanks everyone

Tom

n12 Bottom Banner