National 12 - find out more...

Covers for ACs.

Started by Jimbo41, 08 Mar 2006, 01:10

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

I had been dreading this day. The overboom cover for my Tigress had finally become so full of rips and tears that no amount of tail tape would close the gaps.

Noting that in GERMANY everything tailor-made for sailing is (almost) as expensive as the membership fee of a first-class golfclub, I decided to bite the bullet and go online to Pinnell & Bax. In order to clarify the situation regarding their N12 overboom covers, I rang their number and talked to Richard. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that they still have templates for many of the older designs, Tigresses included! So, with credit card in hand, the deal was done.
I now await a somewhat large parcel on my doorstep, hopefully earlier than in the season of him with the white beard and red jacket with matching trousers (blessed be his name to all children under the age of eight).

So, fellow admirals, if you wish to look flashy whilst going for the Burton, take note...

Jim N3130

(Richard, I might add, although an Enterprise sailor, has the redeeming quality of being a closet 12 admirer, especially owing to Tom Stuart's latest acquisition. Mayhaps we have the making of a convert..... ;D)

n12 Bottom Banner