National 12 - find out more...

trouble shooter

Started by angus, 04 May 2006, 08:39

« previous - next »

angus

Can anybody tell me anything about trouble shooters, I notice there were only about 4 built. We only have an all up weight of about 15 stone, but getting heavier all the time. We mainly sail inland.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

David Wilkins (Guest)

Troubleshooters were built by Peter Diamond if my memory serves - don't have a handbook with me.
Peter used to do quite well in his and they were very well put together.

A good choice for you I think.

David

matt (Guest)

troubleshooters were indeed built by Peter Diamond with Ian Gregory. Ian produced some lines which were published in one of the old newsletters -sometime around 1980 probably. They were beautifully made and featured maximum height topsides to keep the water out - useful in a AC N12. They also had under deck boyancy to make them float higher when inverted - not sure why that would be useful though. Finally Gregorys Girl, Ian's own troubleshooter had a extra fat centreboard for low speed slipperyness. Ian said that never really worked - probably because it would need regular polishing.
gregory's girl is a stunning boat - and was still in top condition last time I was beaten round the weston circuit by her.

Tim L (Guest)

They're meant to be very good in light airs - should be ideal for inland.

Tim :)

n12 Bottom Banner