National 12 - find out more...

Trent Valley Gill meeting

Started by MikeDay, 07 May 2006, 10:14

« previous - next »

MikeDay

Just to say a big thank you to Paul Turner and the whole Trent Valley team for a great weekend.  Those of you not there missed a terrific first Gill river meeting.  Now if only we could all the tell the difference between port and starboard when it comes to going round marks ...

Mike D
N3496

icecreamman

Ooops posted my reply on the wrong bit. Try looking at the Trent Valley early discount discussion

THG

Thanks to TVSC and all involved - an enjoyable (but with its own frustrations) weekend.  At least the rain held off until after we got back home.

Only minor comment was evening meal which had a few odd combinations - but having said that about only time Ethan didn't finish all the pudding up!

Learnt lots too,  need to practise tacks more.  At least the gravel pit will now seem much bigger (roll on Wednesday).

Kean, Ethan & Elliot
3339 (yellow one)
THG

Richard Pilgrim

I meant to do this last night, but forgot. I wanted to say that I wish to be associated with the remarks of the last speaker. Paul did a tremendous amount of work in getting this event organized and it all paid off because the sailing (which is why we were all there, I suppose) ran like clockwork! A good humoured event - the wind was a bit rubbish, but then that's Trent Valley for you. As a past club rep at TVSC, I know how hard it has been for Paul to put this event together - doubly, trebly so for a Gill Series meeting, so congrats to him.

Richard
N3300 :)

yvonne

I am about to put the photos from Trent Valley on the Wanadoo photo page, see new thread 'Trent Valley photos' for web page number. (Sunday only, I'm afraid!)  :)

DavidW

And yet more well deserved thanks from the South. Well done Paul and team at TVSC.

Oh to be able to remember the rounding direction of marks!

Cheers

David
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

grazz

Top job Paul! (clap)

Slightly regretting having the cream tea on both Saturday and Sunday but rest assured that TVSC's cake rating this year will be suitably high! A canal boat got very cosy with us on one of the starts and next time we'll remember to think about putting the tent up before midnight and 5 pints, but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. (shy)

Paul Turner N2487/3500 (Guest)

It was most heartening that after several years of hard work by Team Trent Valley rebuilding our N12 fleet for us to have been asked to host a GILL meeting - so a sincere "thank you" to all you guys for turning up and making it worth while!

And a special personal appreciation from me to Graham and Kevin for all their help and guidance, to Nick for turning up as well as sponsoring the series plus Jean Gill  (the very first lady member of TVSC) for presenting the prizes.

All at TVSC genuinely enjoyed the weekend - so much so that the club would like to invite the N12 GILL series back next year.

2007 will be a very important year for us - the centenary of our club house and the 70th anniversary of the first N12 open meeting. We really want the 12s to be there to celebrate with us!

Richard Pilgrim

This sounds like an excellent idea, but my guess is that the Committee will need to rotate the venues to give other clubs a chance? Pity really, because if that's so, perhaps we've peaked too soon! Maybe Ken G was right and that 2007 would have been a more appropriate year for a Gill meeting at TVSC.

Still, that's hardly our fault so I say, come back in 2007! But Paul please, if they do come back next year, better food and better wind should be ordered now, so there's time to get it organised. Thanks.

Richard
N3300  :D

n12 Bottom Banner