National 12 - find out more...

Northampton

Started by James Taylor, 17 May 2006, 09:30

« previous - next »

James Taylor

grazz

Hi James, suggest you contact Tom & Charlotte Stewart (numbers in the book) about access to the club on Friday night. I'm not sure what times the gates will close.

Will be very happy to have a look at your boat and discuss tuning tips some time over the weekend. We plan to get there quite early on the Saturday so if you are around Saturday lunch time that would work, alternatively there will be plenty of time over the weekend

Happy sailing

Graham & Zoe
N3492

James Taylor

Jane Wade

HI

Access to the club on Friday night will be with a passcard only.  I live about 3 miles from club and 1/2 mile from Sedgebrook Hall.  You can either call me and I will let you in at the club or the Sedgebrook Hall car park is big enough to keep the boat attached to the car.

Jane Wade

andyp

Hello Graham,

Any chance we can listen in as we we have just bought N3353 and don't yet understand what all the extra ropes do (having previously sailed a Grad). We intend to be there on Saturday Morning

Regards

Andy

grazz

Sure, we're aiming to be at the club from about 11am. We'll be around the entry desk.

See you there

Kevin

James (and anyone else interested),

We also plan on arriving early and will be happy to help out the less experienced. Look for the BIG collapsable double trailer.

Kevin

Barry

Although I cannot be there with boat that weekend - I am planning to be in Northampton on Saturday - adding to P&Bs coffers. I'll probably be pop over to Pitsford to have a nose over the boats and would be up for any boat set up/tuning tips especially for ACs.

I'm sure there must be plenty like me - might it be worth trying to formalise some slots for this?

Barry
N3368

(At the Lark Masters last year there were boats on the back of cars at Sedgebrook Hall - no problem - from what I can remember of it!)

THG

Barry - is that a spot of creative accounting?  see 3364 is now 3368??

Can't be there either - but I'm sure you will get help and wonder round the boats gives you many ideas of how 12s can be set up.

I've definitely improved since by visit to Trent V going to see other N12s and talking / looking helps out loads.

Kean
THG

Barry

Well only four out - that is the secong time this week I've called it 3368 - pehaps I ought to consider buying that one instead!

We are having fun with it and the adjusted handicap (1104)  on a small pond is certainly welcome after the impossible one of the Lark (1073). It is tricky to sail though.

Plenty of compliments about how good it looks on the water!

I am still trying to sort sheeting out - I cannot do rear sheeting - I like to keep an eye on what the crew is up to! Skiff style from the boom is OK but we still end up tangled from time to time. So I think  I am going for a centre main mounted on a Vandercratft phantom style bridge somewhere behind the thwart - up to the boom, along and down to the bridle (1-1). This will give me something to pivot around!

Target 1st N12 open is now is Aldeburgh - Harwich (Lark or N12!) clashes with footy - then a bit of NWNW. Still doing the Lark in equal portions.

Hope your new old boat is going well.

Barry
N3368 - 4 = N3364

THG

Blimey - how did you get them to agree to 1104!!  Having said that still can't yet get ahead of the top Solo boys even on water (but getting much closer now!).

Before you set up a centre try looking at a few others that do off boom sheeting - some of the new boats do it (I know Gavin Willis in his 'weird' looking boat does it well) - I'm sure someone can point you in his direction.

More practise needed, think new boat is more suited but Baggy on a good reach is a blast.

Kean
THG

grazz

Barry, if you can make it to Northampton for around 5pm on the Saturday then you can join us for some celebratory Pimms on the lawn  :D and go through some tuning at the same time!

See you there

Graham

James Taylor

Thanks Graham and Kevin,

Just to let other people know spoke to Segdebrook and they have said it was fine to take the boat in there car pack on Friday evening so thanks Janefor the offer of letting me in but I will take the boat there.

Cheers

James

N3304

n12 Bottom Banner