National 12 - find out more...

Storm sails

Started by angus, 12 May 2006, 11:42

« previous - next »

angus

With my super light weight crew and me getting rather old and slow we struggle a bit when it blows. I have got an old sail that I was going to chop a bit off. Has anybody tried this, any ideas about how much I should chop off. or should I just get stablisers or an rs200.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Jimbo41

Angus, why not just lift the centreboard a little, and use as much Cunningham and Kicker as poss? That way you might loose your pointing ability but that alas, as I have found to my cost comes with age anyway  ;)

I discovered the virtues of a lifted centreboard the other day in winds of 3-4 Bft, or more to the point, due to having forgotten to lift the centreboard, we learnt the hard way! Early swimming in 10 Degrees Centigrade lake water! Brrrrrrr! :X

Jim N3130

PeterSturdgess

If you have decided to abandon idea of recutting your old main sail so that it may serve the purpose of a storm sail, I could probably use it as starter sail upon N1722 ??. Cheers, Peter 01348 873205.

Richard

Peter if you look on ebay for item no. 7244399644 you will find a suit of N12 sails. They might be what you are looking for.(I'm not the seller)
Richard
N2134 :)

n12 Bottom Banner