National 12 - find out more...

N3454 Ruthless

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 18 Mar 2007, 07:05

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3454 Ruthless. Design: Final Chapter, designed by: Michael Jackson in 1987
Previous boat names: Amy J, Sunset Surreal, Jammy Dodger.

jammy dodger

Built by Nigel Waller in 2000. Bright yellow hull and deck in carbon, currently with 18Kg correctors.
Originally named 'Amy J' that was changed to 'Sunset Surreal' before being changed to 'Jammy Dodger' in 2007 to retain the original name JAMmY dodger - get it..
Sold by Jon Whitehead to Simon Walworth in December 2006, Jon bought her from Mike and Ann Day.
2007 ~ based and sailed at Spinnaker Club.
July 2007.
The centre board had been changed at some point and I have found the one I inherited with the boat flops around badly. It was supposed to be a gybing type but was not installed but lobbed in the general direction. Much work later with the help of Phil Brown and a chum with some very expensive machines in his garage, it fits with a tolerance of .00000001 in the slot. As a total non believer in gybing boards we have stuck to a fixed board now. Boat much stiffer now and goes up wind like a rocket.

jammy dodger

Jammy Dodger on the water for her first outing in 2007

jammy dodger

7/05/07 ready for the first sail in 2007

thedodger

March 2009 new paint job on the way after a complete rub down inside and out. Very cold weather delayed the start but should be back on the water by end March.

thedodger

April 25th 2009 repainted and ready to launch, get out the sun glasses!

thedodger

Jack and Bryn sailing her at Spinnaker 2009 July

thedodger

Rosie and Emily sailing in Spinnaker Junior Regatta 2009, did I say sailing!

sam293

jammy flying at northampton

davidtalbot

Jammy enjoying her time on the Norfolk Broads

n12 Bottom Banner