National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week

Started by msansom, 29 May 2006, 07:14

« previous - next »

msansom

Few weeks ago I posted a message about a Street Legal. This is getting closer to being finished. I'd  quite like to race in Burton week this summer but as I'm not sure if the boat will be finished much before the middle of August and not mad keen to shell out all the money with out a boat that has even floated for a few years, can I just turn up if every thing works out and pay at the start of the week?

msansom

To add to that how do i get the boat messured? I'm on the IOW

Antony (Guest)

The simple answer to your question is that you can just turn up on the day and enter Burton Week.  It will not surprise you to know that a little warning would be appreciated, but you will be very welcome even if you are totally unexpected!

As regards the measuring question it depends how much you have done to the boat that needs to be remeasured.  If it is just a case of re-weighing the boat then there is no problem doing this on arrival, again pre-warning would help us but is not essential.  If you have done things to the boat that result in a need for a more comprehensive re-measure then the volunteer measurers at the Champs might struggle to free up enough time to do this.

Best thing:  let me or Jon Brown know what you have done and what you think needs to be re-measured.  I am sure that we can find a way to make sure that you can come to Porthpean and enjoy your new boat.

Antony
N3484

msansom

I've redecked the boat, not much as changed re-internal layout, I hope I've reduced the weight a lot, I think. I want to build a foam/carbon centre board and rudder not sure if this will happern before the champs though. I have brought the gunnel out further form the sherline to the max 5 cm alomg the back 2/3 of the boat. Mast and sails are all oringal I may use the carbon boom from my contender if the old one is duff and it fitts.
Dose that help any?

n12 Bottom Banner