National 12 - find out more...

Recent Purchase

Started by PhilCo_SL17BQ, 07 Jun 2006, 01:59

« previous - next »

PhilCo_SL17BQ

Antony (Guest)

Congrulations, it sounds very likely you have bought a late 1970's National 12.  If you contact the class association you can quickly find out about re-registering her etc.

Second-hand sails do appear on the market from time to time, and indeed there was an old set on eBay that might stlll be there.  Patience is necessary as finding a set is not always a quick process.  To complicate matters further you should check the length of the mast from gooseneck to the top before buying a suit as this length is not standard in the class.

Have fun with the restoration, and questions post more here.  You are likely to see a posting before long from somebody that knows the history of your boat.

Antony

Roly Mo

N3023 is an unusual boat, named (according to the Class records) 'Perkin Warbeck' and is (as far as I can see) a unique design (also known as Perkin Warbeck!).  It was registered in 1978 and was designed by Hugh Ambery, who also looks to have built it.  Congratulations on your purchase!

If you can let us know where you sail we can probably help by putting you in touch with a local N12 sailor or direct you towards a club which sails N12's .  We're a helpful bunch and it's always good to see a boat coming back into the class.   :)

Happy sailing

Bernard, N3447 and N2938 (coming out to play this weekend at Naburn!)

Richard

Hi if you look on ebay there are some sails there ending in 31/2 days. Item no. 7246927485.
Richard
N2134 :)

PhilCo_SL17BQ

Mike S (Guest)

Since you seem to be in the Uxbridge area can I suggest that once you get it sailable, you bring your boat down to Shepperton for a sail on the Thames at Desborough SC where you would be most welcome. We have an active fleet of 12s, all single bottoms including one (N3174) that is a unique design like yours in that only two were built, so you'll be in good company.  We've recently been joined by two new members with vintage boats, including a very very old one - something like N26 if my memory serves me correctly.
You can check out the club website at www.desboroughsc.org and feel free to contact me or our class captain Chris Gorham with any questions.

Also, if you don't get those ebay sails I have 2 old suits from N3274 with different measurements, one of which I'm sure would get you on the water without undue alterations.

Mike
N3274

PhilCo_SL17BQ

n12 Bottom Banner