National 12 - find out more...

Famous old boat on e-bay

Started by Giles_Edmondes-Preedy, 28 Jun 2006, 09:33

« previous - next »

Giles_Edmondes-Preedy

spotted "Soggy Moggy" on e-bay (well known boat, I believe?)

Cheshire Cat's are still good inland boats, and she looks in good nick

check it out

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NATIONAL-12-SAILING-DINGHY_W0QQitemZ290001620045QQihZ019QQcategoryZ98955QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

hope someone will buy her who'll use her

Giles
N3319

Jimbo41

Giles,

Have seen it and am bidding.... :D

Would be good to have a boat in the Kingsbridge Estuary, waiting for Salcombe Week.... ;D

Jim N3130

Antony (Guest)

Soggy Moggy is the boat that John Royce sailed to win the Burton in 1976 and was I think 3rd in the week that year.  I presume, therefore, that it is the boat in which he fought it out with Chris Edwards in Mulga Bill... as we all heard at the dinner last month.

Antony

Jimbo41

Thanks for the info Dan. I am up to 460 Quid and will stop there I think.

Cheers

Jim N3130 Nuttyshell

simonf

Blimey..

I hope it's not my Soggy Moggy, as it's in the garage in bits..

I own N2778,  which i found in a very sorry state in a garage in Norfolk a couple of years ago. It had been repaired/bodged over a period of time and at some point someone had epoxied over the original varnish. It's taken me ages to get the whole interior back to bare wood. The internal stringers have parted company with the hull in a number of places, there was rot in the hog under the maststep and the foredeck was badly damaged.

I am restoring the internals from scratch and hope to be afloat in the Autumn - next year I'll redeck it.

best

simonf
N2778

PhilCo_SL17BQ

The seller desn't know a great deal about dinghys as my father went to see him a couple of weeks ago to pick up the sail suit I bought from him. Also off e-bay. Numbered from the same boat and in good condition. (Now re-numbered  ;D)

Phil
N3023
Perkin Warbeck

DavidW

David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

n12 Bottom Banner