National 12 - find out more...

The hunt is over!!

Started by Jon_P, 22 Aug 2006, 07:16

« previous - next »

Jon_P

Finally I have found a 12 to the specification I wanted.
I have a lovely crusader that is now mine.  I believe it is 3211 called chtou chtou, really really chuffed.  I do however need a set of sails as these are pretty ruff at best!!
If any of you have a set going after Burton week let me know.  I am looking for a decent ish set suitable for decent club sailing on a crusader with aluminium mast.

Thanks for all your help in the hunt, really friendly class so far.

Jon

p.s.  I am based in notts but am in salcombe still until the wkd.

Richard Pilgrim

Jon

So glad you've found what you wanted - welcome to the class and good luck to all who sail in her (cthou cthou or whatever). You won't regret your purchase, I assure you, even if you do encounter lots of frustrations along the way (and you will, but don't worry!). I'm sorry I didn't get chance to speak to you when you were down at Trent Valley the other week - I didn't realize it was you until after you'd gone. If you want to call in at any other time, let me know. In the meantime, get out there and sail - and enjoy it!  :)

Richard Pilgrim
N3445

yachtcrazy

yachtcrazy

Me again. Just to say that I live around the Bournemouth area in Dorset.

Jon_P

Thanks for the offer and sounds great but unfortunately I think they will be too far away.
Will try to hunt some down nearer home.

Jon

yachtcrazy

Jon_P

First race in 3211 last night in light winds and she was a dream.  We won the handicap  racewith about 20 boats in.
!
Thats better  than I have ever done in my shiny RS Vareo that I sail on my own!

I hear you lot getting so excited about the 12 but now I understand why.

When they tack like they do and out point just about everyone why is everyone not sailing them?

Think I might struggle to convince them to use the PY though as we beat fireballs and supernovas!

THG

Yes 12 sailing in reasonable wind was great - managed to finish 4th on water - 1st RS300, 2nd Laser, 3rd Solo - had all the other Solos, Europes, Lasers etc behind - pity I wasn't going as fast at BW.  Boat seems to prefer puddle sailing (must be me though).

One of the problems still is the maintenance issue - not many of the ACs are non-wood and this puts off some of the potential RS / Topper types who would do must better in a 12 than an ass'y type.  I keep working on them though!  Hopefully we can get a group together early October for some 12 fun.

Kean
THG

n12 Bottom Banner