National 12 - find out more...

Cartoon

Started by Jerry G, 27 Aug 2006, 08:45

« previous - next »

Jerry G

I note the Waldringfield SC (River Deben) Cartoon Trophy is on 9-10 September.  Now that Thorpe Bay is off, are any Twelves intending to go?  I understand 1st start is 1200 on the Saturday.

John Meadowcroft

Jerry
I fear that the wedding which contributed to the change in the Thorpe Bay date will also cause problems for the Cartoon.  From the list of Waldringfield regulars, Antony + Frances Gifford, Tom Stewart, Jon Ibbotson and I cannot make it for starters.  I suggest you give Bruce Johnson a call as it would be a shame to miss out on some good sailing if some can be organised.
John  

antony (Guest)

Jerry,
If you can get about four more 12s to commit to the Cartoon I can certainly ask the club if we can have a start after all, but given the poor turnout last year and the wedding it did not seem sensible to have it on the list this year.

Antony

Jerry G

Barry

I wonder who is going to  be there with it clashing with the Southport 24 race for the Larks.

Barry
N3364

helen

I think there should be lots of people there - none of the waldringfield larks are going to the 24 hour race.  Would be lovely to have some 12's there too although it does obviously clash with another much more important event....
Hope you have a fantastic day Graham and Zoe!

Helen

Antony (Guest)

Helen,
Graham & Zoe were married on Saturday.  I cannot speak for them but I had a fantastic day!

Next weekend it is the turn of Bim Daser and Jane Longman to tie that knot.

Antony

helen

confused again - oh well
Congratulations both / all of you!
and if anyone can make the cartoon they should as it is a good event.

n12 Bottom Banner