National 12 - find out more...

Ripon & Yeadon weekend

Started by yvonne, 09 Oct 2006, 08:21

« previous - next »

yvonne

I have downloaded 100 photos from the weekend onto the Orange website; http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/4165558
If you want me to send you any contact me at; yvonne_mci@hotmail.com
I hope the info is correct, it is rather early in the morning!
 :D

Spellowranger

Yvonne,

What a cracking set of photos - brilliant!

Cheers
Peter C

icecreamman

A BIG thank you to all involved with the organisation of the ANEYC weekend at Ripon and Yeadon. I checked out the outside of my boat more times than I should have done, but am certain that I was not the only person to do that having seen the video. Thanks to Howard Steavenson for his slide show of earlier days of sailing 12s, and a note to anyone who has not seen these. If you get a chance to see any of them, do so you would not believe how we used to sail. Saturday night's meal was a spot on evening with plenty of old faces that I have not seen for longer than I would care to mention.
Sunday saw more vintage 12s on the water than I have ever seen before including Howard Chadwick's N2 and a recently restored N431 which I am sure everyone that saw it would say was a fantastic job. It even sailed with cotton sails!

Jimbo42

Bravo Yvonne! Really super photos. Wish we could have been there! It was a great day for N12 sailing!

Cheers to everyone...

Jim N3130 (Wood works)

Paul Turner N2487/3500 (Guest)

What fab photos - well done Yvonne! Great to see all those vintage yots sailing. Just pig-sick couldn't be there! P

icecreamman

At Yeadon we even managed a fanfare by an ice cream man. Nothing to do with my lot however. For that you need to go to

http://www.fredericksicecream.co.uk/

and enjoy yourself   :P :P

DavidW

One day I'll find out the identity of the real icecream man!
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

Jimbo42

icecreamman

I shall of course turn up like the Spanish Inquisition when nobody expects.....

Well said Jim

Jimbo41

Well, it's all in a day's life of a Bicycle Repair Man....

Any pies to spare? I've got an inner tube to patch up here and I forgot me Cow Gum....

Jim N3130 (Wood - be as it should)

n12 Bottom Banner