National 12 - find out more...

Sailing clubs near Malvern

Started by steve_ln, 19 Mar 2007, 10:03

« previous - next »

steve_ln

We will soon be moving to Malvern and would like to sail a 12 again. Are there any clubs in the Malvern area that currently sail N12s?

Thanks, Steve

grazz

Steve, From memory I think Dave Peacock is sailing at Tewkesbury http://www.tc-sc.co.uk which is quite close to Malvern. Failing that I think the other closest clubs are Frampton-on-severn and South Cerney. Details in the clubs section of the website //www.national12.org/clubs/clubs.shtml

Happy sailing

Graham

THG

Avon Sailing Club is also quite near Malvern - but they don't sail on the Avon and no 12s there now.  Cotswold Water Park is further but M5 / A419 its quick to get too.  There are 2 Clubs with 12s currently Whitefriars SC and South Cerney SC.  As Grazz sais there's Frampton on Severn too - but time wise it may take you longer not sure.  Brian Kitching sails there.

I'm the SW area rep and sail at South Cerney - we'll be having Opens at SCSC and Frampton later this year.

Not sure whats available north wards from Malvern.

If you need any help on the Clubs near Cirencester (Water Park) then let me know.  All the Clubs are smallish graevl type pits, except the River ones!!  What boat do you have?

Kean
N3339
THG

Steve ln (Guest)

Kean / Graham,
Thanks your your suggestions. I will visit the clubs you suggested in March to see which looks best.

Kean, I don't have a 12 at the moment, but am in the market for a second hand boat as I am returning to the class after living abroad for many years.

Steve

THG

Steve - whats your budget for the 12?  Could possibly arrange a few test sails of some 'local' 12s.  The March training at Burghfield would be good to attend to see how the Class has changed.

I have a Crusader 88 and happy to use it on the ponds here - river it goes well too!

Kean
THG

Emma G

n12 Bottom Banner