National 12 - find out more...

Entry Level N12 supermarket

Started by Grebesailor, 05 Mar 2007, 07:54

« previous - next »

Grebesailor

Trawling through Friday Ad (www.friday-ad.co.uk and sister site www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk) over the weekend threw up the following list of AC'ers for every budget and taste;

N2608 - Funambulist - China Doll
N2717 - Pipkin Doll - China Doll
N2743 - Pom - Paper Dart (wooden decks)
N3128 - Tigression - Tigress
N3156 - Rhoobarb - Tigress
N3165 - Shadowfax - Crusader
N3286 - GX8 - Design 8
N3404 - The Arouser - Freak Out

Shame to see them go to waste, although I expect some need work.

Giles
N3319

THG

THG

sinker24

Hi all,
N2743 Pom is no longer for sale.
Apologies to anyone who has been looking at her.

Many thanks, Ben
Ex-N2743

jonsue N3469

3286 IS still for for sale. Good rig with carbon boom, lots of new bits and cover. Won't find a better low maintainance AC National12. Selling because we have a new boat.

angus

Pipkin Poll is sold I'm afraid. I've lost the pass word to take it off :o
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Phil Brown

From our recent (successful) trawl  through the market in the last 3-4 weeks, we came across the following resulting from a wanted ad placed on Starcross's website, all still for sale I believe and near Exeter

3296 - Design 8 - Just being refitted after a refurbish In good nick. 2 Suits sails, Combi new rudder stock and blade

3377 - Baggy Trousers - Carbon mast, metal boom, largely Harken, Yellow/grey. Combi

3281 - Crusader 88 - Combi. 2 suits sails

I can give you some further info if you email me

What's the policy for getting these on the For Sale list? Clearly I'm not selling these nor am I acting as an agent but is there some way the NTOA could post these? Perhaps after confirmation from the seller??

What was the level of interest from the Dinghy Show for "starter" boats?

<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

JohnMurrell

Shame the Starcross Fleet is dying!

Antony

It is a shame that fleet died, although it has been dying for a while and was basically gone over a year ago.

There is no reason why these owners cannot put their boats on the for sale list, in fact it amazes me that people pay eBay and these other websites to sell their boats and never bother to access the best marketplace for a 12 that exists.  The sooner such boats are back in active use the better for the class, and presumably the owners would not mind getting the money either.

Phil, if you have email details for these owners I might try to get in touch with them and tell them how to help themselves.  Incidentally you have bought a great boat, I hope you are having fun with her.  Where are you going to be sailing?

Antony

Phil Brown

I'm told the keenies have had their heads turned by the B14s and therefore the not so keenies don't have anyone to get them out sailing

A lesson to every fleet but that's the same the world over, in any class

Not that it was all good news for the B14s at the Starcross Steamer. As a spectator, it was definitely crash and burn sailing, blistering and spectacular reaches but 3 broken masts ( that I saw) and a high attrition rate, but not surprising, given the wild conditions.

The 12s finished. .

Dave Lee (Guest)

Yes, a shame about the Starcross 12 fleet, but things were in decline long before the B14 started to get popular at the club.  IMHO this is no reflection on the N12 or it's suitability for the venue, but as per the previous comment, club fleets are dependant on having a keen core of sailors and an active fleet captain.  Sadly once Tim Laws had left to go a roving there was on one prepared to take over and persuade / hassle / blackmail (etc) the 12 fleet onto the water and generally promote the class at SYC.  

Phil Brown

Yep

We'll be down at Spinnaker on Sunday ( as long as it's not blowing 7000 wotsits like last Sunday) . . to do a bit of tuning up with Mr Adshead. Anyone else from Spinnaker coming down?

Antony, I'll email you the details of the boats from Starcross.

Let's not get too gloomy about Starcross 12s, they've still got some and they've still got friends!

. . and to pick up from a couple of other threads, the best publicity is to be seen out there - on the water.

Antony, good to see the try a 12 at Burghfield, that should go well.

It works very well at club level too, promotes the class within the club and hooks into those moving up or  looking for something new and/or different. It's great publicity if nothing else. Haven't got Simon to try it at Spinnaker  - yet - but I've done it elsewhere in another class with great success.

jammy dodger

Guess I haven't done the try a boat officially Phil, but we are fairly active in other ways to attract new owners at Spinnaker with some success! Reckon it could be youre first job when you take over as class captain this summer....  ;D

DavidW

Have fun on Sunday guys - I think we're away - if not I'll try to get there too.

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

n12 Bottom Banner