National 12 - find out more...

Who´s sailing for Salcombe YC at Burton Week?

Started by Jimbo42, 06 Mar 2007, 07:58

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

She's quite good for her age. Little bit of repair to be done in the area aft of the centreboard case and near the bilges decksides - things are a little soft - possibly only needs drying out. I want to dry her out and then treat her with epoxy on the inside. Then varnish inside, paintjob outsides and away we go again. It's quite a long job but whilst she's off the water I've got Passion Pudding to play with ;D

I take it the guy who put the Sycamore decks on Equity forgot to epoxy the undersides?
Shame 'cos sycamore's a really nice colour wood....
 I'm not surprised Mike can't get away from the B14 -it's the next best thing to the I14 - I can remember him enthusing about that too.... :o

Cheers!

Jim (no bad language there eh?)

JohnMurrell

Jim,

Launch from Batson - its easier and the rest will be going out from there. Smalls doesn't exist at the moment - too many big tides and much too much rain have washed it away............................

And as to what I am building - that would be foolish to give the game away, people might take an  issue with the design, what ever it won't be the final chapter in my Twelve career before I go to sea in a man of war - cryptic enough?

Jimbo41

Well John,

Hopefully the sailing instructions won't be as confusing as your last statement... :P ;)
I'll be in touch re. Saturday.

Cheers!

Jim.

JohnMurrell

So Jane, whats the story? 13,14,DNF,DNC? Did Mike get confused by the tide????????

RogerBrisley

Will be in Salcombe at Easter,  can we agree  a time/ place to convene for beers etc?

Roger

Jimbo41

Sure Roger!
We're in Kingsbridge as from the 3rd. April. We're leaving on the 11th (Wednesday). Plenty of time to meet and sail. My email's here, but as from Thursday afternoon I'm not reachable by it, since we leave on Friday. Mobile is +491719571387. Text me anytime or ring my parents at 01548852979.

Cheers!

Jim.

janeysailor12

[quote by=John_Murrell link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1173211085,s=20 date=1174908694]So Jane, whats the story? 13,14,DNF,DNC? Did Mike get confused by the tide????????[/quote]

What????  elaborate....

Janey

Jimbo42

JohnMurrell

Jane,

only reading the gospel acording to St Yandy : http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=135653

So Jimbo, no not smoking the green weed, just Salcome Japaneese Knotweed!!!!!

janeysailor12

[quote by=John_Murrell link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1173211085,s=25 date=1175201926]
only reading the gospel acording to St Yandy : http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=135653
[/quote]

What article's that honey pie??

Janey

JohnMurrell

Do you ever wish you hadn't made a flippant comment? Its the B14 Rutland report with sail no 682 proving that they are the strongest team on the water.

janeysailor12

Oh GOD!!!! yes  :o how crap were we  ::)??????  Still we did have a good "blast"

Janey

n12 Bottom Banner