National 12 - find out more...

New National 12s

Started by John Meadowcroft, 05 Apr 2007, 01:22

« previous - next »

John Meadowcroft

Dear all

I am considering getting a new 12 built in the Autumn.  This is the time to start a build process if you are interested.  One of the best ways to get a 12 built is as part of a batch as it inevitably makes the process more attractive for a builder.  I would like to know if there are any people interested in being involved in a build process (potential purchasers and builders!) which would start in September with the boats to be ready by the end of February 2008

If you are interested please let me know so that we can discuss further and make something happen.  If you want to get an idea for the costs that this may involve please refer to either Aardvark or Pinnell & Bax websites/catalogues.  

Please can you give me an indication as to the existing design that you are interested in and any preference (or not) for a builder.

I would intend to then report back privately to each respondent the details of the interest received (initially without identifying the potential purchasers) so that we then might be able to form some groups to approach some builders.

Let me know what you think.

mail to   john 'at' 2baileyclose.net

I will send an email to everyone on the national12 mailing list when I work out how to do this.

JohnMurrell

To keep this alive, I am contemplating a build this winter. Not sure what lines at present, though I am still sure Bim got it right first time with the Foolish.

Keep me in the loop Meds please.

Antony

You already have my email, and know I am interested.

Meds makes an important point, that with our custom built boats it is not safe to assume that you can place and order and get a boat 12 weeks later.  I started the process with N3484 in October and put her on the water the following July, and in my case very little actually went wrong there were just a few delays (and we did start with commissioning a new design!).

Antony
N3484

Tom Stewart (Guest)

Good to hear there are some people interested in new boats.
P&B are currently talking to two builders interested in building  Foolishes from the moulds that we jointly own with Winder boats. Hopefully we will have some news soon.

Sadly the deal we had going with Carbonology to build boats did not work out, as a consequence they have a Feeling Foolish Hull to sell which I am currently looking after on their behalf. Anyone interested can call me 0n 01604 592808 daytime or 01604 882664 in the evenings or email to sailloft@pinbax.com

Tom Stewart N3501

rick perkins

Have you considered any other designs; or even a new design?
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

JohnMurrell

rick perkins

[quote by=John_Murrell link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1175775774,s=5 date=1176471063]Er? Yes![/quote]

My post was in response to Tom's comment ...

P&B are currently talking to two builders interested in building  Foolishes from the moulds that we jointly own with Winder boats

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Antony

JohnMurrell

Antony,

Totally agree about the Foolish and I think my next boat will be another one!

Rick, my comment meant that yes I have considered other designs and even a new design and did a Gary Owen on the idea. My only perceived problem with P&B boats is that I can't bimble for 6 months.........................................

I have to admit here that I am one of those people who get as much sadistic enjoyment in putting a boat together as I do actually sailing; sad really!

Nathan Harding

Thats why you were master yoda in the fitting out of puppets and chunky

rick perkins

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Terry (Guest)

rick perkins

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Mikey C

[quote by=rick_perkins link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1175775774,s=12 date=1176493853]

I don't really see that banning carbon would knock that much of a product who's major cost is labour; this would also perhaps stop new builds as people hang onto their old carbon boat.

[/quote]

Nah, I can only think of three carbon Foolishes...

Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

n12 Bottom Banner