National 12 - find out more...

NWNW - Beach Chalets at Hunstanton

Started by Little Bo, 20 Mar 2007, 04:29

« previous - next »

Little Bo

Bookings are already being accepted for chalets for the summer - if you are going to book one remember that this year the sailing at Hunstanton will be Sunday 29 July and Monday 30 July (it's Brancaster Staithe on the Saturday).  From what I can gather the Jenny Lee will be sailed for on the Monday night.  If you want to book you need to contact The Oasis Leisure Centre in Hunstanton.

Chalet C2 already booked for use as Pie Boy HQ!

Barry

I'm looking forward to NWNW this year - but unless I can muster another 12 will be in the Lark with various crews, (wife and son).

We already have our convenient base at err........... Sea Palling (there for two weeks) so some camping will be in order.

Barry
(ex N3364)

icecreamman

Hello Little Bo, Joe is already to make sand pies and paddle in the drain outside his chalet as we speak. I am on to the family to get a supply of proper Italian ice cream for special people associated with C2.
 8)

hairy dog

any chance of a cup of tea for some weary travellers in C2 ?

;)
get a Mungral up ya! :o

Roly Mo

Absolutely - the kettle will be on, please make sure you bring some upside down mugs so you feel at home.  ICM and I will of course also be trying out the excellent ale which the club offers, merely as research you understand.  Shall we lay in some Gin for GQ?

I seem to remember ICM and I using E's pushchair as a wind chariot when she was about B's age.  the idea was to put the hood up, face it into the wind and see how fast we could get the buggy to blow down the prom. Seem to remember also that Mrs Roly Mo did not think it was such a good idea to leave the child in the buggy whilst we did that.  Happy days . . . . .

I hope the drains at Hunstanton are ready for their annual inspection and clear out by Joe!

angus

Child has to be in buggy to provide ballast.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

icecreamman

Of course you need a child in the buggy Angus or it disappears along the prom faster than Hairy Dog out of the bar when it is his turn to buy a round. Sorry GQ and J, but you have to get these digs in every now and then. The correct amount of ballast required is a small child of indeterminate age eating an ice cream which must be seen to be dripping down the T shirt so the Mrs Roly Mo and Ice Cream Lady can shout at their respective husbands for not keeping an eye on the kids. Oh and dogs are useful to pull these chariots if the wind is below a force 5

:D :D

hairy dog

are these production buggies or development class?  Minimum weight?  GPS allowed as long as the charioteer doesn't look at it ::) ?  What flavour ice cream?

get a Mungral up ya! :o

Roly Mo

Rather worryingly, the buggy in question (down to weight, but streamlined with some Gill stickers) came from the other side of the world . . .

Any flavour ice-cream, just as long as it contrasts with the colour of the T shirt being worn by the ballast for maximum impact.

icecreamman

James we can test drive your young son in a Pie Boy Special Go Kart if you like. For those of you with grey hairs we shall be modelling this Go Kart on Dave Peacock's model made for the Llandudno Burton in the late 70s. I am sure Yoda can remember that far back even if he was in short trousers. I am only aware of this having looked back in some of the old back copies of the newsletter belonging to the Old Man Of The Sea where it was imortalised in good old black and white.

n12 Bottom Banner