National 12 - find out more...

London Marathon

Started by John Meadowcroft, 16 Apr 2007, 11:38

« previous - next »

Kevin

Many thanks to everyone who has sponsored Lesley. The collective members of the National 12 class are currently her largest sponsor, but I am hoping to change that at work today and tomorrow. If you have been meaning to do so but not yet got around to it, fear not, there is still time. A slightly easier address for her sponsorship page is: www.bhf.org.uk/sponsor/lesleyiles.

NEW NEWS - WE HAVE A WORLD RECORD HOLDER
Guiness World Records has confirmed that Lesley has the oldest functioning pacemaker in the world. She will be presented with a certificate to this effect at a ceremony on Friday and has been moved to the celebrity starting area for the marathon so there is every chance you may see her being interviewed on TV while you are eating your cornflakes on Sunday morning.

Think of her while you are out sailing.
Kevin

Emma G

Kevin

Lesley met up with some of her fellow runners yesterday (Friday), there are a few photos in the picture gallery.

Kevin

Kevin

She made it - 6 hours, 19 minutes, 44 seconds - and she loved it!

Kevin

JohnMurrell

And how was the Marathon?????????????????????

Lesley, a fantastic effort and the pics are a must for the album!

grazz

Lesley (Guest)

:) What a brilliant day that was! I loved it! It was a little too "brilliant "at times as the heat was absolutely searing at around mid-day "like running through a desert" to quote Gordon Ramsey. Hence I did power walk a chunk in the middle stage - you don't want to be going anywhere near a first aid post with a 25 year old pacemaker - they do a great job but I was not going to be taken to hospital to "be on the safe side", so I drank lots - not gin as it happens - and stayed cool if a bit slow. The other excuse I have for the time is the length of the toilet queue at six miles. Please subract twelve minutes for that. However conserving energy meant that as it got cooler towards the end I was able to run the last couple of miles to the finish which was a good pose, and finish feeling in great shape. Perhaps I'll do it quicker next year!!!

Thank you all for support. Saying that just does not seem enough to express the thanks I really feel. Six hours is a long time to think about your friends and family and believe me you were with me every step of the way. Kevin Graham and Lindsey deserve a special mention for jumping on and off trains all day to support me at four places on the course, I think they worked almost as hard as I did but without crowds to cheer them on. Thank you all again for the sponsorship so long as everyone pays up I HAVE REACHED MY TARGET!

n12 Bottom Banner