National 12 - find out more...

12 wanted

Started by dborrett, 14 Apr 2007, 09:10

« previous - next »

dborrett

Martin

You have private mail.

grazz

Dave, Can you give us some more details so we can provide some advice. Where abouts in the country are you, which club do you sail at (is it a river / lake / estuary / the sea?), and if it's not too personal what will your combine crew weight be?

have you had a look at the boats for sail on the N12 website?

http://www.national12.org/adverts/index.php?catid=4&order=e_3

dborrett

Hi, I'm based in North Leicestershire, looking to sail on the river at Nottingham but am after a boat that would be a good all-rounder, as I would like to travel elsewhere. As for all up weight, combined we may be pushing 16st!!
I have been keeping an eye on the Online for sale list but am curious if there is anything else out there.

Jimbo41

Looks pretty good!

Jim.

THG

THG

Richard Pilgrim

Hi Mr Borrett

Why sail at Nottingham SC? It's a perfectly good club (and friendly too) but just up the river at Trent Valley SC we have more N12s sailing regularly. Why not contact our Fleet Captain (Paul Turner) who will give you advice and the contact details of other N12 sailors in the area?

If you're interested, get back to me and I'll contact you with further info.

Richard
N3445
07901 828207

MattStiles

Tigress sounds like a good recommendation to me.  We're about 16st all up (depending on which son crews) and I'm delighted with my Tigress (3143).

Gets to be hard work in anything above about 12kts or so mind!

dborrett

Hi,

Thanks for all your help, have taken the plunge and bought Rough Diamond. A bit of TLC required but shouldn't take too long.

Dave

Jimbo41

Well done Dave and welcome to the N12 class. Join the NTOA too - they're a good bunch - and getting international!

Cheers!

Jim.

THG

Which boat number?  Did you update the boat database with some nice pics too??

Kean
N3339
THG

Jimbo41

Rough Diamond. Number 3102 1980 Build Cold-molded.

I also thought about this boat, but at the time didn't want to spend too much time on restoring her.

Cheers!

Jim.

dborrett

Jim,

A bit of a damp transom but looks to be drying out ok now that I have got some of the varnish off. Capillary action between the outer paint work and the ply means that I may have to strip more of the underside than I really wanted to but that's the way of it. A little bit of epoxy to stablise the ply and a couple of coats of varnish and should be back on the water.

Dave

Jimbo42

n12 Bottom Banner