« previous - next »

rick perkins

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

jammy dodger

Pretty obvious Rick, it's your beer gut.

rick perkins

[quote by=passion_pudding link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1178360218,s=1 date=1178459826]Pretty obvious Rick, it's your beer gut.[/quote]

Would that not be movable ballast ... seriously though what is it?

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Tim L (Guest)

Might be wrong, but I suspect it refers to the (alleged) practice of glassing lead into the bilge rather than having it as correctors above the waterline.

Tim

MV Highland Eagle
(somewhere between the inner and outer hebrides and getting a pasting from the weather....)

rick perkins

[quote by=Tim L (Guest) link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1178360218,s=3 date=1178498642]Might be wrong, but I suspect it refers to the (alleged) practice of glassing lead into the bilge rather than having it as correctors above the waterline.

Tim

MV Highland Eagle
(somewhere between the inner and outer hebrides and getting a pasting from the weather....)[/quote]

Ah ... if that is the case then how do you police it?

People could have 10kgs of lead glassed in the bottom of a db boat and you'd never know ....
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

DavidW

The rule has been there a long time - in the days of wooden single botttomed boats policing would have been much easier!

I suspect that it means any internal ballast fixed or otherwise which serves no other purpose.

cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

JohnMurrell

to be controversial - could it not be put somewhere to alter trim? If so its not a corrector but a trim adjuster..................... Not sure if Brownie would agree with me though!!!!!!!!!

Jimbo41

Yoda,
Sling your beer gut -oops! sorry! "trim adjuster" over the side and get on with  sailing!!

:P Jim.

P.S. Sex wax works!

rick perkins

So ... is it correct to say inside ballast is any heavy item (lead or lump of wood) that has no sensible reason to be in that position?
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

JohnMurrell

[quote by=rick_perkins link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1178360218,s=8 date=1178562916]So ... is it correct to say inside ballast is any heavy item (lead or lump of wood) that has no sensible reason to be in that position?[/quote]

Personally I would say yes - and  if you presented the boat for measurement and the Measurer could see more than 4 bits like that I think that the boat would be rejected - especially if any were below the waterline.

And James, by dear chap, talk about pot calling etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I am glad that Sex Wax works - does 'her indoors know yet?

Yoda

Jimbo42

Bored

Surely irrelevant... as no correctors limit any more??!!

rick perkins

[quote by=Bored link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1178360218,s=11 date=1178575624]Surely irrelevant... as no correctors limit any more??!![/quote]

Not quite as correctors must be above the waterline ... all the lead in the hog would be very nice ...

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

n12 Bottom Banner