National 12 - find out more...

2008 Nationals/Burton Week

Started by rick perkins, 29 May 2007, 10:35

« previous - next »

rick perkins

Anyone know the dates as I need to start planning ????
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Antony

Not yet, but Meds is on the case and should know soon.  It will be mid-late August on current plans, after both NWNW and Salcome YC Regatta.

Antony

THG

How many have entered for 07?  

From the survey and other discussions are we likely to see a change to the Burton Week to a longer weekend type event?  The Fevas just had a 3 day event at Whitstable - 66 entries and 8 races in 3 days.

Kean

THG

rick perkins

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Emma G

Do we know the venue yet?

If I am still working at the college (hopefully not) then will not be able to go at that time as they are likely to ban holiday late Aug because of the exam results.  >:(

Emma
N3402 & N3304

Jimbo42

Jane Wade

I cannot come this year (family commitments) but hope to be in for 2008.  I would also like to know ASAP when and where we are going so I can plan holiday off work, accommodation, babysitters for children, care for the cat and amusement for husband.  Please hurry up wtih the information Meds!!!

Jane
 :P

rick perkins

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Jimbo41

[quote by=rick_perkins link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1180431343,s=7 date=1180469512]

It is not my intention to open up a discussion about the length or format of BW.

[/quote]

Good for the above. I am also sure we can trust the committee. What the MPS sailors want/do dosn't really have anything to do with us at all......

Mikey C

[quote by=Jimbo41 link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1180431343,s=8 date=1180508181]

Good for the above. I am also sure we can trust the committee. What the MPS sailors want/do dosn't really have anything to do with us at all......
[/quote]

What they do does, as not all good ideas come from 12 sailors alone.

Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Jimbo41

[quote by=Mikey_C link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1180431343,s=9 date=1180512673]

What they do does, as not all good ideas come from 12 sailors alone.

[/quote]

Give me an example that's been implemented in the 12 class.

EmmaW

Who says one needs to have been implemented already?! It is just a good idea to keep an eye on what is going on in other classes, to learn new things. No need to be so insular...
Emma  (dance)

rick perkins

[quote by=Jimbo41 link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1180431343,s=10 date=1180514981]

Give me an example that's been implemented in the 12 class.[/quote]

Jimbo ... I don't know why you are so anti ... but as you are forcing the point I believe the survey was somthing the Musto Class has been doing on-line for 3 years and the 12's thought a good idea and the Musto boat database on the forum was runnng some months ahead of the 12 implimentation. see

http://www.mustoskiff.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=00330618ba5409ad3b5263ed7d2d910f

If a class can't learn anything from new members bringing in new ideas then I think that class has a problem

BTW the Mutso class is growing well year on year and is about to have it's first 80 boat worlds.
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Jimbo41

[quote by=rick_perkins link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1180431343,s=12 date=1180533963]

Jimbo ... I don't know why you are so anti ... but as you are forcing the point I believe the survey was somthing the Musto Class has been doing on-line for 3 years and the 12's thought a good idea and the Musto boat database on the forum was runnng some months ahead of the 12 implimentation. see

http://www.mustoskiff.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=00330618ba5409ad3b5263ed7d2d910f

If a class can't learn anything from new members bringing in new ideas then I think that class has a problem

BTW the Mutso class is growing well year on year and is about to have it's first 80 boat worlds.
[/quote]

Super! The 80 Worlds is a real success. Is it open to everyone? By the way, I'm not anti - just cautious. I am also not trying to pounce on your arguments all the time. It's just I don't see where you want to go. I know this is not the point of the thread (a frequent problem of mine) but seeing as you discuss numbers and races in the MUSTO class:
What in your opinion should we as a class be doing?
Make that clear and perhaps I can be more constructive in my comments (instead of thinking "Oh my G_d, what's coming next?)

Cheers and no hard feelings to anyone. :D

Jim

rick perkins

[quote by=Jimbo41 link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1180431343,s=13 date=1180535576]

Super! The 80 Worlds is a real success. Is it open to everyone? By the way, I'm not anti - just cautious. I am also not trying to pounce on your arguments all the time. It's just I don't see where you want to go. I know this is not the point of the thread (a frequent problem of mine) but seeing as you discuss numbers and races in the MUSTO class:
What in your opinion should we as a class be doing?
Make that clear and perhaps I can be more constructive in my comments (instead of thinking "Oh my G_d, what's coming next?)

Cheers and no hard feelings to anyone. :D

Jim
[/quote]

Look I am just sharing my thoughts, thats what you do on forums but seeing as you are so active here I am wondering why I bother, I only asked for dates and the you hijack this thread in another direction  ...

I think the class should do what the members (and prospective members) want which I am sure they expressed in the survey.

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

n12 Bottom Banner