National 12 - find out more...

Gill Series - Royal Harwich 16th/17th June

Started by Fran G (Guest), 29 May 2007, 05:10

« previous - next »

MikeDay

Yes, think we're intending to be there as long as weather is warmer than the weekend just gone.

Mike D
N3496

Bob1

From the front end of 'The Cat in the Hat' N3529

Antony

Clare is now taken for this weekend.

Frances has 'volunteered' to help the Firefly sailors organise the games, so come prepared for a lot of fun on the lawn after the sailing is over on Saturday.

Antony
N3484

MattStiles

Planning to be there -- just as long as the forecast is below F4 so us lightweights can keep the boat upright!

Never been before, what sort of area do we sail in?

Is the camping a free for all or will we need to book a spot?

Matt / N3143

MikeDay

Matt

It's a very beautiful spot - wide Suffolk tidal estuary with woods coming down to the edge of the saltings.  The sailing's interesting and challenging - you'll have a great time.  No need to book a camping spot - people just pitch tents to the side of the main lawn in front of the clubhouse and around the dinghy park - there's plenty of room.  The website is www.rhyc.demon.co.uk for more info.  See you there.

Mike D
N3496

John Meadowcroft

Katy and I will be there.  No children with us = more beer this weekend.  Top camping tip is to put up tent earlier rather than later.

Jimmy Whitehead

Sorry to say, neither myself or my father can make this event ( weddings.......) even tho it had been on my mind as an open to do but hopefully there will be a good turn out for it...

Laterz
Jimmy
N3458

THG

Is anyone going to RHYC this weekend and could collect a set of sails from John Meadowcroft and then be driving back some where near the M4? Could meet en route back on Sunday evening.

Would save me a journey this week.

Thanks,

Kean
THG

Adele

Hi,
I'm going and will be coming back via the M4, although I'm not sure if it'll be on Sunday evening or later in the week. If  I can be of any help let me know (07956508640).
Adele

THG

Adele,

Thanks - I have been trying to meet up with John but schedules never seem to work.  if you can collect the sails from him this weekend that would be great (I've paid for them!).

Just thought folks would be travelling back Sunday but later in the week is OK (not Wednesday as sailing!) - could also meet during day as working from home currently.

I'll call you and sort out details and let John know too!!

Thanks,

Kean
THG

MikeDay

A good moment to thank all involved for another great Gill event at Harwich over the weekend.  We had about 26 boats on the water at various stages, creative course-setting from PRO Graham Ireland and all possible weathers.  The torrential storm that brought race 3 to a close on Saturday was something that those who were out in it will not forget in a hurry.  The standard of sailing was extremely high and the top three were:
1. Tom and Liz
2. Grham and Zoe
3. Jon and Charlotte

Mike D
N3496

THG

Any chance of getting all the Gill series results up and posted on the site - I know Kevin is very busy but last update was Bristol  ;)

Looking forward to next Gill as couldn't come out to play this weekend - but we had great weather down here  :P (not much wind for sailing though  :'()
THG

n12 Bottom Banner