National 12 - find out more...

Alternative for Starcross Weekend

Started by Derek, 23 May 2007, 08:35

« previous - next »

Derek

As we seem to have a weekend available, and the tides are right in the Exe, there is an opportunity for a bit of big estuary and sea sailing for anyone interested.

I will be back for the weekend of the 23 /24th of June and I have checked with Exe SC. They are happy to let a group of N12s paricipate in club sailing that weekend if they know in advance how many are coming.
The club is great, it is high tide in the middle of the day and there is a sea race scheduled for Sunday.

Anyone interested, please let me know so that I can warn the club and ensure that there is enough space for us. They will charge us something like 10-15 GBP for boat parking for the weekend.

All the best

Derek (3510)
derek.davies@airbus.com

beans

I 'promised' my son a weekend sailing and camping that weekend in Starcross, and he was looking forward to it.  If they can fit us in on a club start, we'd come down from Chew Valley. Shake yer Beans.
PS - any good campsites anyone knows of close to club?

Derek

For Exmouth campsites, try this link - http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/townlisting.asp?town=Exmouth.

The club is at the dock end corner of the town so none of the sites are really close.
Maer Lane is probably as close as any, but avoid it if it is very wet.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Derek

THG

BOING - some details on Exe - please contact Derek for more info.
THG

Derek

If anyone is coming, please confirm to me before mid-day tomorrow so that I can let the club know.
They will need to make sure there are a few boat parking spaces for us and I promised them I would let them konw numbers.
Cheers

Derek

beans

Weather forecast not great for Sunday, but Sat looks nice. I think we wil come down anyway.  Race is on Sunday, but from club website looks like there is club 'free sailing' on Sat. Assume this means there is some sort of club rescue avail on Saturday?

Sorry missed deadline for letting you know Derek - did not see til today.
Let me know if this gives you any problem with the club - don't want to make life difficult for anyone.

Ken 3378 - Shake yer Beans

THG

How many 12s turned up?  Is there enough interest to have a SW Open at Exe in 08?

Kean
THG

Derek

Gross error on my part - I didn't put my mobile number on for contact.
It looked like a complete drifter on Sunday morning so I bolted the lead into the boat instead since I hadn't heard from anyone.
Sorry to anyone who turned up in my absence - I hope you had a good sail!

beans

No problem at all Derek.  Pity though since Sunday's long distance race was actually worth the trip from Bristol.  A nice 2 hour sail for a N12. Up to the mouth of the estuary and half a mile out to sea. At was actually dry, it was even SUNNY at times and a steady force 2.
Besides us in shake yer beans (3378) there was just one other N12 out, 3377 (yellow Starcross boat). Think we got 10th and 3377 got 13th out of about 21 starters.

I am sure the truely awful weather forcast for the whole weekend put others off coming, so would not use this as a measure of enthusiasm for an Open at Starcross.   We really enjoyed our sail, it is a thoroughly nice club and we were made VERY welcome during our visit by all club members.

Ken 3378

n12 Bottom Banner