National 12 - find out more...

TVSC 30/6 & 1/7 postponed to 4/5 August

Started by paul turner, 22 Jun 2007, 03:59

« previous - next »

paul turner

If so, you ought to know that the CVRDA and Trent Valley SC are running a special sailing weekend Saturday 30th June/Sunday 1st July - this is in addition to the Vintage/4 PLank event in September!

The weekend will include time trails on Saturday from 10.00 (F1 style with a maximum of three attempts at the fastest lap of the course), a grand Summer Ball to celebrate the Clubhouse's 100th birthday (with band including yours truly on guitar/sax, disco with famous in his own lunchtime local radio DJ and absolutely fabulous food in three marquees) plus handicap racing on the Sunday (three races from 10.30am). You can bring ANY boat over 25yo! :D

To book or for more info please ring Roger Britton on 07866 520 601 or contact me.

Oh, and John Sears has acquired a 30yo boat especially for the event! :o

greight expectations

Paul,

does this mean if i am patient i can join in with my D8?

Roger

paul turner

paul turner

Apparently our event has been listed as an official vintage Mxrlxn Rxckxt vintage open - so we want to get more N12s there than they can muster! And it's easy to beat them on the river! :P

So far there are six MRs booked in, but only four N12s (plus 3 half raters and other assorted 25yo craft) - it should be pretty busy on the water - and there is the added value of our summer ball.

If your boat is pre 3200 (approx 1982) then you will qualify! Hope you can join us. :K)

Paul N2020/2487/3157
07710 324800

icecreamman

How wide is the river at the minute Paul, and is it actually possible to sail on it with all the rain we have had over the last 48 hours?

hairy dog

if you go across the current it's very very wide...but not very long
get a Mungral up ya! :o

JohnMurrell

Found this posted on the Merlin and CVDRA sites:

Message from Rob Sloane:

Due to very high river levels, the TVSC open meeting scheduled for 30th
June/ 1st July may have to be postponed. This decision will be made no
later than Friday morning and will be advised through the MR website.

Could anyone who is planning to attend, and who has not already provided a
contact telephone number to Roger Britton (07866 520601) please do so; we
will then endeavour to contact those people personally.

icecreamman

Jim with apologies to Tom and anyone else who sails Merlins in their spare time, I do believe they have never ventured down the daggerboard route. They are like 14 foot Twelves were thirty years ago before we moved to the option of having what was termed the stitch and glue method of building ie four planks. Merlins do have more string than most 12 however!!

JohnMurrell

Again for and with apologies to the Merlin Forum page!!!!!

Message from Chris(merlin 6) on cvrda forum:-

I have just been speaking to Roger from Trent Valley sailing club and he has asked me to pass on that the Vintage event due this weekend HAS BEEN
POSTPONED to August 4th and 5th which will coincide with their Summer Ball.
The new date doesn't seem to clash with other vintage events so see you there.

I think we could do well to flag this one up for all vintage fans especially those closer to the Midlands and Northward. It sounds as if some fine old ladies were expected ( of the wooden variety)- not many places other than the Thames to sail against some Thames raters for instance.

Tim Gatti

Unfortunately, (for those who had planned to attend both) the new date clashes with the Vintage Event running at Norfolk Broads YC at Wroxham that same weekend.

Observer (Guest)

Most recently posted on the Merlin forum with regards to this topic:

Just to confirm that the vintage event has been postponed but that a date has not yet been chosen. It looks like the summer ball will be 4th August but as that clashes with the Norfolk event we will need to do the racing some other time. Unfortunately the vintage calendar is looking rather full...

We regret having to make this decision but Mother Nature must be obeyed.

Rob Sloane
Hon. Sec. TVSC

n12 Bottom Banner