National 12 - find out more...

too much time on your hands...?

Started by Tim L (Guest), 24 Jun 2007, 09:46

« previous - next »

Tim L (Guest)

Got to sing the praises of Tacticat for those of you that haven't come across it.

A simple (and free)  little java based game - race Lasers, 29ers or Cats around a short windward leeward course agaist random people from all over the world.

Well worth a look and to get you through those long hours at work :)

//www.tacticat.com

Off to Escala for the Europe euros tomorrow so need all the help I can get...

Tim

hairy dog

get a Mungral up ya! :o

tacticat

Jimbo41

tacticat

It SHOULD work.
Many users use Mac OS to sail Tacticat (or Linux).

Java version required is 1.5+
The Internet browser has to be instructed to run jnlp files with Java.

aestela
Tacticat Admin

tedcordall

Jim,

When I did a web download of the java upgrade I kept getting java startup errors. As advised on the Sun Microsystems site I deleted java from my system and re dowloaded a 'manual' version which you save, then run later. That seems to work.

Is that any help?

JohnMurrell

Jim,

Has German become your first language? I am sure you didn't mean the last post?

John

Jimbo41

John, ich weiss nicht, was Du meinst!
(I don't know what you mean! - but bound to be a little schmutzig   :o :o)

Jim

greight expectations

Hey Tim this is rather good!  Still pressing keys like a demented teenagerand guess it may take some time to get the hang of the "boat" but none the less rather wizard!

Roger

tacticat

[quote by=greight_expectations link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1182718000,s=9 date=1183240450]Still pressing keys like a demented teenagerand [/quote]

DON'T DO THAT.

Tacticat interface is like you were the coach of the boat and were relayed thru radio to the skipper. You give too many orders... the skipper gets mad at you ;D
Good tacticat sailors think in advance and don't type too much. And remember that the SPACE BAR asks the skipper to get on his best VMG angle upwind or downwind and stay there.

The UP and DOWN arrows (asking to get a bit up or bear off) should be used as less as possible, normally to round marks or avoid other boats. Each time you press an arrow your boat is slowed down (as in real life rudder should be used smoothly)

aestela.

n12 Bottom Banner