National 12 - find out more...

Fitting Kick Bars

Started by James Taylor, 02 Jul 2007, 01:59

« previous - next »

James Taylor

Hi All

We are going to fit kick bars this week was wondering what size and length people have there bars. We are going for triangle shape from thwart to 3/4 of the way back to the transom.

Idea's Please are these going to be ok do you think??????

Cheers

James
N3402
N3304 (Up For Sale)

Antony

James,
I think that most are shorter than that, beginning not much forward of the back of the centreboard case and only being 18 inches or so long.

I think, from memory, that mine begin pretty much at the point that the extension of the board case ends and fill half othe space from there aft towards the transom.

Never really thought about it that much..... I just knew after the Foolish that we needed them.

Antony

jammy dodger

Hi James, I'll take pics of Dave Wilkins Foolish and my Chapter tomorrow and mail them to you. Simon
I'll send you an interior shot of Passion Pudding at the same time. Simon.

John Meadowcroft

bottom photo here you can see the kickbars.  They end slightly aft of the helm's upwind toe straps.  Hope this helps.

http://www.national12.org/class/Final%20Chapter.htm

Jimbo41

[quote by=passion_pudding link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1183381141,s=3 date=1183480250]Hi James, I'll take pics of Dave Wilkins Foolish and my Chapter tomorrow and mail them to you. Simon
I'll send you an interior shot of Passion Pudding at the same time. Simon. [/quote]

I've already sent one of Passion Pudding, but one closer up might be a help.

Jim

Jimbo41

n12 Bottom Banner