National 12 - find out more...

Camping at Ripon

Started by FuzzyDuck, 03 Jul 2007, 09:07

« previous - next »

FuzzyDuck

As I am planning to make the trek up form essex this weekend, I wondered what was the condition of the field for camping?

Or will we be floating the boat in it?

I am planning to travel friday night, leaving about 4pm.  Estimate arrival at 9pm.  Will i be able to get the boat into the club?  

Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Roly Mo

We are all busy on bended knees and prayer mats.  We now need more of you to join in!  Here's the Ripon prayer

Rain Rain Go Away
Come again anytime after next Sunday

ICM - if you can come up with something better please feel free to improve!

At the weekend the field was pretty soggy, but it does drain well and if we get a few dry days it should be OK.  We will do a 'pitch inspection' on Thursday and post something here after that.  At the moment I'd say camping is possible but advise decent groundsheets.   We will find space in the car park for motorhomes and caravans - it is unlikely that we will be able to let vehicles onto the field unless it is non stop sunshine between now and the weekend!

We will be at the club on Friday night and will be happy to open the gate for early arrivals.  If you are coming and are going to want letting in (the gate will be locked) please email us separately and we will give you contact details.

Just heard that another DB boat will be out this weekend, so we are now close to 40 boats, which is FAB.  Disco booked, BBQ organised, beer settling nicely . . . .

Here's to good sailing

Team Roly Mo

Roly Mo

Update from last night's pitch inspection!

The sunshine yesterday did force away some of the rain thankfully, and camping will be possible.  Vehicles will however not be permitted on the field, but space for caravans and motorhomes is available in the car park.

This morning it's dry, and there's a lovely breeze and the forecast for tomorrow is looking good too!

See you there,

Team RM

FuzzyDuck

Thanks for checking the field.

Hope it stays that way because we have nowhere else to sleep!!

Leaving as planned see you later

Simon
N3230

janeysailor12

Huya Fuzz...How's the "Duck"??  do you remember me at the 70th I had the other yellow hulled N 12, and I told you I had crewed Fuzzy for both her previous owners Don Muir and Rich.  She's a lovely boat, how are you getting on with her.  Our yellow peril has just done us proud by winning 6 races in a row at our club.

Janey
N12 3306

FuzzyDuck

Hiya Janey,

How could I forget!!!  

Sadly due to a Hernia I had not sailed since Northampton untill 2 weeks ago, but Fuzzy Duck did OK at Ripon the highlight being 10th in the pursuit (first non vintage boat). In the fleet racing to many things broke to put a good set of results together.

You will be glad to hear that following a repaint I have restored the Fuzzy to the Duck ?!? But my 12 year old now knows where the saying comes from! Ah well he had to learn sometime.

I also discovered Ripon was her original home, so unless any more people turn up I now know the full history.

Simon
N3230

Jimbo41

Any results for Ripon?

Jim.

janeysailor12

[quote by=Fuzzy_Duck link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1183493264,s=5 date=1183981594]You will be glad to hear that following a repaint I have restored the Fuzzy to the Duck ?!? [/quote]

Yest I'm glad to hear it...."Duck" just meant nothing to me...or anyone else I suspect.  Don Muir who used to own her has some great names for his boats....he once owned a Merlin Ghostrider design...callled "OOOH ME GHOUL".
Glad to hear you're back sailing her after your hernia op.  We took out other boat the B14 out last night at the club where we sail....almost gave ME a hernia sailing it.....damn good fun though!!  I must say the B is a REAL balst, but the 12 feels like the "old slippers" now so much more familiar and an awful lot tamer.

Janey

n12 Bottom Banner