National 12 - find out more...

the full survey report

Started by philipcosson, 17 Jul 2007, 08:50

« previous - next »

philipcosson

Some interesting insights can be gleaned from this, well done to all concerned.

The highlights for me included:

Combine answers to Q5, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12 and you get a picture of a lot of N12's in garages (especially in the winter)

Q13c shows that some folk attend open meetings hoping to chew the fat, experiment, learn and bimble, but the seasoned hands have a very efficient routine off pat to maximise racing time and minimise actual time at the venue.

Q21a&b, 22a,b &c shows that, for a development class, there is a pretty conservative streak

Q41 there are quite a lot of conflicted folk about - More people think the N12 is not perfect than think its OK or Perfect, yet very limited change in the rules is supported. This probably comes from people wanting to protect their investment of a) money and b) knowhow. lots of people think that there is scope for 'budding designers' within the current rules... I think the door is a lot further closed than it was in 1970 for example. It seems like a golden age when two guys could discuss a hull design over a beer and model it in beer mats!

just my view from the sidelines! not sailed yet this year! no boat in the garage :-(

Philip

Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

n12 Bottom Banner