Fear my indecision

Started by Rod, 17 Jul 2007, 12:26

« previous - next »

Rod

- --
Rod,  UK

Dave Croft

Rod,

My advice for what it's worth is not to buy a very cheap boat that needs a ton of work, you'll soon get demolaised and then you will have trouble selling. A Crusader will cary weight better than say a Baggy. I think the Tiger/ess carries weight better than the Cheshire Cat. My recommendation would be to have a look at 3211, I haven't seen this boat for a long time but she was a quick boat, nicely built and if she's been looked after would be a good introduction to the class.
Dave C

Antony

I agree with David, an early Crusader would be perfect for winning on handicap at your club.  If the budget does not stretch then a nice Cheshire Cat or Tiger also worth a look.    3211 or 2938 at the right prices are both nice boats.
Antony

Rod

Thanks chaps, 3211 certainly does look a nice boat and is pretty local to me.

Will have a word with the financial controller.

- --
Rod,  UK

jamesmorley

I have decided to sell gryphon 3214 having just spent the winter revanishing her. I have owned her for about a year in which time she has won many club races. I have sailed her on Ulley which is a very small pond with very shifty wind. She is not the best suited boat for these conditions but I have always done quite well in her. She was designed by mike Jackson and the under water hull shape is very similar to that of the final chapter. She is a fantastic weight carrier winning several winter opens with 24 stone. She has just been revarnished with 2pac and total reropped. She has a m7 mast and boom with a OK set of sail. She is in perfect sailing condition but would need a repaint to look her best. can be viewed in Yorkshire. 750 ono give me a call on 07809875714.

Cheers James

philipcosson

James,

Where do you get the 'like a final chapter' information?

Philip
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

philipcosson

James,

Where do you get the 'like a final chapter' information?

Philip
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

jamesmorley

I set a tread up on the discussion group when I bought it and many people said it was the for runner for final chapter. The seller also said backed this up. I have seen some early chapters which do look very similar the only major difference is the width, gryphon is much wider. A past 12 sailor from Ulley sc Roy Gunstone has told me that she first had a daggerbord but was than converted to centerboard by the next owner. He also told me he thinks she may have won Burton week in the mid 80s but he is unsure of this.  

Cheers James

Jimbo42

James,

if I am correctly informed, Mike Jackson built Gryphon with a keel quite far forward. Apparently an absolute Bu**er to launch in anything but the deeper type of water.....

Later on the keel was removed and a centreboard built in.

Cheers!

Jim N3470

Jon_P

Rod

Have contacted the owners off list to save clogging things up - again thanks for the advice all.

- --
Rod, &nbsp;UK

n12 Bottom Banner