National 12 - find out more...

Norfolk Week 2007

Started by icecreamman, 16 Aug 2007, 06:02

« previous - next »

icecreamman

In response to John's request about the goings on at Norfolk I can only give an answer to the first three days sailing at Hunstanton and Overy Staithe. After that I had to do my fatherly bit and go catching crabs and building sandacastles with the kids.
All the usual suspects turned up, you know the Gores, Patrick, Stevie, the Pie Boys and least we forget Pearl and Dean. The Twelves provided the largest fleet with a good range of boats and designs. Hunstanton provided us with a lee shore on the Sunday and Monday which added to the fun as we all raced for the shore desperate for either a beer or the toilet. Monday was especially fun landing on what seemed like only a boat lengths worth of beach with plenaty of surf running. Gerald Copsey will be able to recount tales of woe as he wrecked the transom of his boat as his rudder was down as he got lifted and then deposited quickly onto the beach.
The sailing was true to form, except in one of the races at the weekend when newcomer to the 12s, (but not to Norfolk ) Andy Bayliss had not read the script which clearly states: you go to Norfolk and Ian Gore wins. If he does not then Steve Sallis does. After the three days of sailing at Hunstanton the circus moved on to Overy Staithe on Monday evening. Here prior to the sailing Patrick found out that it probably costs less to bend out a dent in a mudguard stay than out of a Mercedes as someone ran into his trailer.
After Mondays sailing, others will have to tell the story as I was not around for the sailing sadly. Needless to say the sun shone as it does always in Norfolk.

8)

Barry

Wasn't Monday Sunday?

icecreamman

Oooos probably.
 :-/

Roly Mo

All I know is it was brill!  I am particularly indebted to Gareth for our new 'we slow down for pies sticker'.  We missed being able to tell Guy to eat more pies (but we suspect that winning the Burton Cup made up for missing our abuse - Respect P and G!!)!

Pie Boys already making plans for Norfolk for 2008 and working hard on fledgling crews to compete in the 60th in 2009.

Pie Boys now raring to go for the Scottish Champs . . . .

Team RM

PaulTurner 2020/2487/3157 (Guest)

Greetings - just to let you all know that the full ("from the back of the fleet") North West Norfolk Week 2007 report has been drafted and is currently with Ian & Alex Gore, Gery Ledger and my Roseanne Carberry for correction. Hope to have it ready early September when I get back from Hols. P

Antony

I have a feeling this has been mentioned before, but did NWNSA give you the dates for 2008?

Antony
N?

Ian and Alex (Guest)

We're 99.9% sure it's from 26 July i.e. the "usual" week

Ian and Alex

Barry

Hols already booked from 26th next year. 2 days at Blakeney is that right?

Roly Mo

Those are the dates which we noted down.  Adrian says that until Brancaster Staithe want to take part again the event will run with 2 days at Blakeney one year and 2 days at Wells the next.

Team Roly Mo

Antony

Barry/Bernard,
For those that were not there this year can you explain what that means?  Was there not a third day at Hunstanton this year?

Antony

Little Bo

This year, due to the short notice cancellation of the BSSC race, Hunstanton was 3 days.  Next year the programme is:

26 July - Hunstanton SC, afternoon start
27 July - Hunstanton SC, afternoon start
28 July - Ouse Amateur SC, approx 13.30
29 July - Wells SC, approx 15.00
30 July - Blakeney SC, approx 16.15
31 July - Blakeney SC, approx 16.15
1 Aug - Snettisham, time to be confirmed
2 Aug - Snettisham, time to be confirmed but probably early

Adrian Tebbutt advises that the tides get bigger throughout the week.

Mrs Roly Mo

n12 Bottom Banner